Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Dacia version of the Chinese Renault City K-ZE.

I suspect the discrepancy between 168 miles range for the K-ZE & 124 miles for the Dacia in the Driving Electric article to be the difference between NEDC & WLTP, rather than a smaller battery as they suggest.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,221 Posts
Seems to be a race for lowest range EV now.... strange switch around from the last few years. Yes there is a market for shorter range EVs, and yes there is a market for a small SUV style vehicle, but selling this car the the regular public will be a struggle. I can see someone who owned a first 1 gen Leaf of Zoe and who lived in the city seeing this a good replacement. But for general public.... it'll probably do poorly.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yes the battery is smaller than the Leaf 30 and hardly bigger than the almost decade old Gen 1 Leaf or original Zoe!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Given that the national annual average mileage is under 7000 or 140 miles a week why is that? Yes there are some road warriors doing 30000 but for most it should be fine. Rather than the mean average a median figure would be very interesting.
Perhaps the mentality of the town dweller who self justifies driving a huge 4x4 all year because they tow a caravan once a year.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Just look at sales of short range EVs vs longer range EVs and you'll get your answer. Many people have variability in their driving profiles so a single average is misleading. People don't want longer trips to take hours extra and you also need to factor in battery degradation over time as well much lower winter range.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,221 Posts
Yup its mainly down the fear even though their real usage is low. I'm seeing that even when discussing the MG EV, why buy that when you can buy an e-Niro with double the range, why indeed! Well 1. i don't have the extra £10k it would take, and 2. I really don't need that range, even my long trips will be covered fine with 160miles, I usually stop for pee stops long before then (when you've got young kids its inevitable).

As for the battery being barely bigger than a Mk1 Zoe, is the 26kWh usable or raw... if its raw then its probably the same 22kWh usable the Mk1 had. Just in a much smaller (denser) cheaper pack. And yet its £15k which it real terms makes it more expensive than the MK1 Zoe when the i model was introduced.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Teeny weeny range.

The Duster was incredibly cheap at launch - it looks like the only way to drive down the cost of these cars at present is by putting in a smaller battery. Bit annoying. To draw people away from mega cheap, horrifically polluting SUVs, cheap vehicles like this are great - but the range will nark a lot of people off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts