Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems to be a race for lowest range EV now.... strange switch around from the last few years. Yes there is a market for shorter range EVs, and yes there is a market for a small SUV style vehicle, but selling this car the the regular public will be a struggle. I can see someone who owned a first 1 gen Leaf of Zoe and who lived in the city seeing this a good replacement. But for general public.... it'll probably do poorly.
I agree about everything you said but your forgot the one key factor that's important : price.
The Dacia Spring is meant to make the electric car affordable to everyone. It will retail for at least 10k cheaper than all the models you mentioned.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Also with a price this low, it would allow people to buy it “for the commute” and keep a larger ICE family car for long trips, family holidays and so on - that will still hugely reduce the ICE cars mileage and thus it’s impact.

I can see these selling very well “for the wife” as a second car and end up being the main daily driver.

I would buy one - it would do my commute and we have an ICE car in the family for long trips - I’m lucky in that I have a better EV - but it will work for many.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
320 Posts
Doesn't look like it's coming to the UK unfortunately.
Unless someone knows better you would have thought there'd have been an announcement by now given we're into "spring".

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If they had built an electric duster using zoe 40 leftovers, that would have been more attractive for the average consumer. I've got two sanderos, I love the cars and the brand. Perfect mix of decent parts bin tech for a bargain price with no frills.

I hope they do get to make some cool stuff when n allowed to play in the parts bin at Renault hq

21 - 25 of 25 Posts