Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder which city and country will be the first to be totally converted, apart from cities in China that is...

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
"the update included the anticipated solid-state version of the bus" (my bold)

"Daimler didn’t release the exact timing of deliveries for the solid-state version of the eCitaro, but it is officially being added to the lineup of Daimler buses.
Most experts put solid-state battery mass production at a few years away.
"

So actually still vaporware? :unsure:

·
Registered
236 Posts
It says a range of 220km, 170km winter, that´s 200km. A car you can do 200km with about 30KWH battery. But the bus needs >10x the battery to do the same range. That doesn´t feel quite right to me.

Petrol buses use about 4-5 times the energy of cars to do the same distance, maybe 10 times when we allowing for stop start city buses. (i.e. buses can do about 6-10 miles per gallon on the highway and around 2-4 in the city). But electric buses, with regen and better efficiency at lower speeds, ought to be able to maintain more of a 4-5 ratio even in the city....?

So I would have thought the electric bus only needed about 5 times the battery (150kWH) to do 200km, not 441kWH, which is well over 10 times??

·
Registered
236 Posts
Now I think about it, the photo shows one of those bendy buses which are like 2 buses attached together. And perhaps they are planning to heat and air condition it quite well. So maybe it makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts