Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Dala, and I run a side business that focuses on battery replacements for the Nissan Leaf. This has led me to amass quite the amount of extra batteries and other EV parts, and I feel like the time is right to make an EV conversion.

I actually started this EV conversion back in 2017, but the project got put on hold due to me starting my nightly business. Now the business is chugging along quite good, and if I get enough Youtube subscribers, I can focus more on doing EV repairs/upgrades/conversions full time!

So that is the story, time to meet the vehicle. I'm putting a LEAF drivetrain into a 1991 Nissan NX. Here's what the vehicle looked like in 2013:

And here is the first build-video!

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Was going to watch, but the music started. I stopped
Quick summary:
  • Car was in a tent without wheels and covered in dirt
  • Car had to be shoved over slightly to get the wheels on
  • Car gets a wash, then pushed into a garage
Nothing about the EV power train - hoping that'll be in the followup videos.

Looks like a fun project, will be keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the motor that I ordered from Norway is finally here. In this short video, I proceed with tearing it down so that I can start to measure if it will be even possible to mate it with the SR6speed gearbox. Enjoy!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last weekend I got the pedal setup figured out on the EVNX, here's a video on how hard it was to fit the Volkswagen Touran drive-by-wire into the car :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The adapter plate & clutch adapter is now aligned and permanently attached to each other. Feels good having this crucial step completed! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still haven't finished the video, we are going to try and fit all fabrication needed to make the motor sit permanently in the engine bay. Another sneak peak on the axle carrier bracket fabrication progress:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So now my focus has shifted towards getting the suspension sorted:

And also getting the battery mounted:

Videos on both these topics incoming soon!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We finally got most of the battery mounts figured out, was a bit busy at the shop and had to constantly roll out the NX to make room for customer projects. But now we are back working on this! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The high voltage bits are now sorted! Check out the video for the end result. Now we can move on to mounting the VCU and maybe if we're lucky, the first startup will be within 1-2weeks! I am so excited I can hardly sleep at night!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We now have the Resolve EV controller mounted, and the first spin has been performed! Feels so good to see that all the parts are working together as intended!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts