Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

This is just a short introduction, I’m Dan and I’ve worked for Adrian Flux Insurance for nearly 29 years.

If any of you on here have any general insurance queries or specific problems with Adrian Flux insurance please let me know. I have handpicked a small but dedicated team of staff who with me will try and assist you wherever possible. I can assure you we will be completely impartial despite being on the payroll of Adrian Flux. If we have messed-up we will acknowledge that and make efforts to get it corrected. If any of you do not understand an insurer’s viewpoint we will do our best to clearly explain it.

It could be problems ranging from simple paperwork issues to major claim disputes. With our many years of experience we should be able to answer most queries immediately. If there were issues or a problem that we can’t answer directly we would ensure that a relevant manager investigates these and we would then be able to relay an answer back.

I hope this will be of some help for you.

On behalf of myself and my team, thanks very much.

Dan.

Adrian Flux Insurance Services

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,608 Posts
If we have messed-up we will acknowledge that and make efforts to get it corrected. If any of you do not understand an insurer’s viewpoint we will do our best to clearly explain it.
Welcome to the forum. I applaud your bravery to offer to handle questions from this crowd!!! :D:whistle:

Some years ago, employed as a professional engineer in an office-based job and having been a long standing experienced professional driver of buses and HGVs, having driven something like 200,000 miles by that point in private cars and commercial vehicles, I added my young wife as a named driver with no experience and a provisional licence. My premium went down.

Last year I had a SD&P policy and called the insurance company to add business use. You can guess... my premium went down.

Can you explain why underwriters seem to come up with very perverse premiums on occasions?

(Well, you did ask!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Donald,

Thanks for the kind welcome and hopefully we can assist where prompted.

I've noted those two real life scenarios you've mentioned and have to say I'm slightly perturbed as to the underwriters response to these.

Generally adding a spouse can reduce the premium as insurers statistics will show those with a female named on the policy have a better claims ratio.

So having a female added who may invariably be driving some of the time and reducing your time behind the wheel is effectively in general perceived statistically as a better risk. However, having a provisional named female driver I'm surprised in this instance it went down. I can only presume this was down to the insurer in questions view of having a learner female added. For example when she would've been driving she would have to be accompanied by a full licence holder which could mean low risk or certainly no high risk motorway driving.

With regard to the business usage scenario - I'm really struggling to think why an underwriter might deem this worthy of a reduction in premium. As mentioned all insurance premiums are governed by statistical analysis and being on the road more and quite possibly at peak times I can't think of a reason why.

Hope that this goes some way to explaining.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
After @donald 's hardball, have a nice softball.... :)

Are you insuring all types of EV?
Do you have target market in mind? E.g. premium (Tesla etc) or a broader range?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Metal,

Thanks for the question and we are generally after covering all types of EV. The range is very broad really and we pride ourselves on being able to cover a wide range of vehicles.

Thanks.

Dan

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan!

I did contact Adrian Flux last time my insurance was due for renewal. Unfortunately, despite the price being vaguely in the ballpark, there was no way I could proceed to purchase, for four reasons mainly:
  • Getting through to someone who could give me a quote was a task in itself - with a barrage of questions, some of which didn't seem at all relevant given previous answers, just to decide which hold queue to put me in.
  • On the phone, the person I spoke to wasted a huge amount of time by failing to properly listen to the answers I gave to the questions, then repeating questions sometimes up to six times, which is really not a way to instil confidence!
  • When I said, as I always do with insurance, that I would not commit any money until I could see the policy wording and details, the person I spoke to flat out refused to send it to me, and only sent me a very brief overview page with the price and basic details, which made it impossible for me to determine whether the cover was appropriate for my needs.
  • I can count on only one hand the number of times I have been subjected to such a ridiculously hard sell! The person I spoke to was on an endless mission to try and give me reasons why I had no choice but to pay now, despite seeing nothing in the way of details. He flat out refused to hold the quoted price until I could review the paperwork - something that is a fundamentally important part of selling insurance as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if there's a 14 day cooling off period, I want to know what I'm buying before I buy it, and I've spent way too long on the phone to insurers who haven't entered information I've given them into their system properly.
So in summary, had the cover been appropriate, the service I received of a high quality and the person I spoke to understanding, willing to listen to what I was saying and at least apparently confident, I probably would have bought the insurance....

As it is, when I called back after reviewing the basic paperwork I'd received to ask a few questions and provide the feedback I've just offered you, I spent so long waiting on hold that I never got the chance :(

Sorry, not the warmest of welcomes but it is nice to see you here and I do hope that my experience was an exception. When my insurance is due for renewal you're welcome to provide a quote....in writing, with a held price and the full policy document!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts