Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one, sorry. Before you ask I did do a search.

Does anyone know if the little section of trim around the central 12V socket in the dash can be easily removed to get to the back of the socket?
There's a small hole but I can't see if there's a torx in there and it's absolutely belting down with rain. It makes a lot of sense to have a small drop-down panel.

If possible I'll tap into the supply to run under the steering column to drive my dash cam from the RHS of the screen.
Today I took the dome light apart hoping to find a handy 12v feed but it's just thread-like CANBUS wires and circuit-boards in there. Likewise behind the headlight switch.

In our old car I did a fuse tap and went around the LH side but I was never happy with it because I had a female/male 12v socket inside the glove box.
Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You're asking about the orange-ringed trim around the 12v accessory socket? If so, these two pics should help. There are two locking tabs located directly behind the gaps in the orange ring. I used a small plastic body panel pulling tool to gently press inward (working under and from the side, not head on), and they popped right out. Might want to practice on the one in the back first since there's more room to work and see what you're up against.

i3-12vsocket1.jpg i3-12vsocket2.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts