Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a video from Kia I see a chapter with the build in dashboard Cam recording from all around the vehicle. Through a connection inside the dashboard stores compartment, you’re able to connect your Iphone/smart phone to this cam, and do recordings directly on to the phone. Do anybody know more about this feature?

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is the same as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 software, this is an optional extra in Korea as it needs an additional battery etc to be fitted - however when I contacted Hyundai (I have a P45 - Ioniq 5) to ask about this it appears that this is a Korea only option, so I would assume that KIA will be the same.

I think it should have been an option on all the cars in every country the car is sold, I would have paid extra for that to be fitted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree, this should be fitted as standard. I like to use a Dash Cam, the car has a camera, so why not a space for a storage card? I will have to fix my dash cam to the screen, I’m sure I have seen in the manual comments not to fit things to the screen. I will sift through the manual again see if I can find the comment

·
Registered
304 Posts
DVRS is the feature you are talking about. I also spotted it in a video.
Plant Automotive mirror Asphalt Gadget Automotive tire

Here is a shot of the switch, it is in panel above the interior mirror.
I suspect this is a feature we will not see on European cars.
This would be an excellent feature and should be a standard fitting. Much better than fitting an ugly stick on camera!

·
Registered
552 Posts
DVRS is the feature you are talking about. I also spotted it in a video. View attachment 149237

Here is a shot of the switch, it is in panel above the interior mirror.
This would be an excellent feature and should be a standard fitting. Much better than fitting an ugly stick on camera!
We are probably precluded from this due to GDPR or some other privacy regulations so I understand. The garage ask me to make sure the dash cam I’ve fitted in my car is turned off before they service the car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We are probably precluded from this due to GDPR or some other privacy regulations so I understand.

For Audi there are aftermarket solutions that can enable features that are in the car software that the manufacturer does not intend for given models. For example a module to enable “RS only displays on the virtual cockpit” on non RS cars.

I’m not sure if there is/will be a similar aftermarket/grey market for Kia.

·
Registered
496 Posts
We are probably precluded from this due to GDPR or some other privacy regulations so I understand. The garage ask me to make sure the dash cam I’ve fitted in my car is turned off before they service the car.
Probably still classed as a European model. In Portugal and Austria for example they are banned (last one I looked they were) , and in France there is a load of legislation about dash cams so safest thing for them is not to enable it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts