Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick question, 2019 Leaf, can I mount a dash cam directly below the mirror. The reason I ask is that there is a rectangle opening at the bottom of the mirror shroud, is there some sort of sensor in there that would be blocked by the dash cam? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Quick question, 2019 Leaf, can I mount a dash cam directly below the mirror. The reason I ask is that there is a rectangle opening at the bottom of the mirror shroud, is there some sort of sensor in there that would be blocked by the dash cam? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I can't see any opening on mine. My camera is mounted just to the left of the mirror.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see any opening on mine. My camera is mounted just to the left of the mirror.
Thanks for your reply, on mine there is a rectangular opening about 30mm wide and 5mm deep, Tried to photograph it but cannot get the angle to do so.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF N-Connecta 40kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
333 Posts
That opening on my 21 LEAF is the sensor for the auto-dip headlights...I've mounted my dashcam in a similar position and believe it doesn't impede the intended operation.
Please excuse poor images as I just went out in the dark to take a pic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That opening on my 21 LEAF is the sensor for the auto-dip headlights...I've mounted my dashcam in a similar position and believe it doesn't impede the intended operation.
Please excuse poor images as I just went out in the dark to take a pic. View attachment 148391
Please excuse poor images as I just went out in the dark to take a pic. View attachment 148391

Thanks for that, as you said, photo taken in the dark so hard to make out, is this taken from outside the car. However, it seems to work on your 21 plate car, mine is a 70 N-Connecta, so they will be identical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts