Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has enyone else had the centre console display and the dashboard display go a lot dimmer? I wonder if the car detects reduced light outside and automatically dims the displays, or there's a fault?

It's happened twice to me now (both around 7pm, 8pm) and can make it difficult to see the information displayed>

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
There is a light sensor. When it starts to get dark that sensor then switches the displays to "night" mode. At that time the displays dim to their night setting level. You can set the night level by using the little wheel to the right of the config buttons, just to the right of the steeering wheel.

The thing that caught me out is that the wheel only does anything when the displays are already in night mode. So you have to wait until it is in night mode before you can adjust the night mode level.

So, wait until it is dark and twiddle the little wheel and the displays will change brightness level :) Do this in the daytime and nothing will happen!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul :)

First time it happened I thought the car had switched itself off :eek: so I started pushing the 'power' button...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts