Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like quite a few folk I've been disappointed by the dashboard glare from ZOE's beige dashboard. Over the past year I've got used to it, but in bright light it is the one thing that lets a good design down.

Well it seems as though Renault have listened to the criticism and are doing something about it. The myrenaultzoe.com forum has news today that from september all new-built ZOEs will have a black dashboard.

And the even better news is that they are going to replace any that are already out there if we request it - at no cost to the car owner.

Who'll be the first in the UK to get theirs changed?

Reactions: John2 and Paul

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's interesting, but is it not more the material than the colour? Sure there's plenty of light/beige interior equipped cars that are OK in terms of glare?
True, but I think the problem arises in the main due to the very shallow angle of the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Renault doing something for their customers ? That seems unlikely - but I am going to look into it. Thanks.

Well it seems as though Renault have listened to the criticism and are doing something about it. The myrenaultzoe.com forum has news today that from september all new-built ZOEs will have a black dashboard.

And the even better news is that they are going to replace any that are already out there if we request it - at no cost to the car owner.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Renault doing something for their customers ? That seems unlikely - but I am going to look into it. Thanks.
Seems they might be beginning a push on the EV front. I've received invitations for a test drive of the Zoe whereas my original requests a few months ago have been met with silence. So a bit of good PR might be in order so that bad vibes don't spoil the fun ? Only guessing here of course.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Seems they might be beginning a push on the EV front. I've received invitations for a test drive of the Zoe whereas my original requests a few months ago have been met with silence. So a bit of good PR might be in order so that bad vibes don't spoil the fun ? Only guessing here of course.
That's interesting., which garage sent the invite ? Or was it head office ? Nissan just rang to offer me a test drive of the leaf following my online enquiry in APRIL - guess they are just selling too many to bother with me before.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
That's interesting., which garage sent the invite ? Or was it head office ? Nissan just rang to offer me a test drive of the leaf following my online enquiry in APRIL - guess they are just selling too many to bother with me before.
Was head office. I think it is the garages that can't be bothered following on the requests....

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I had real problems getting a test drive of a zoe and a clio from the dealer....even by responding to their own invites! After ignored emails to the dealer CS dept, I emailed HO (who I have always found excellent). I got a call from the dealer within an hour!

They semi-apologised saying they had no RS Clios to demonstrate.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Like quite a few folk I've been disappointed by the dashboard glare from ZOE's beige dashboard. Over the past year I've got used to it, but in bright light it is the one thing that lets a good design down.

Is this available in the UK as is refection issue is a real pain in the B**

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this available in the UK as is refection issue is a real pain in the B**
It should be. I can't believe even Renault would ignore the UK, but cover other countries!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

I contacted my Dealer as a follow up to this,and got a phone call yesterday wanting to hear the situation from Me..I just got an invite to bring the car to them for a look at the flaking blue charge flap badge (second item on my list) and was told they have nothing on Renault offering a dash swap..?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Now that is strange as, as I write my Zoe is down at Renault Birmingham ZE for the darker dash change plus a couple of other fixeso_O

The service receptionist did tell me that there is a 10 working day lead time to get the dark dash into stock.

Oh and have a look at this..

So could I suggest that your dealer may be telling you porky's;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Trend 0bx2

Technical Note 5081a

Yellow it's live on ice

As I was told by customer services...... Whatever that all means.
Is that a renault service info update I could show them? Edit-Thanks for this...it appeared to mean something to them when they looked it up,but He explained it as being specifically aimed at cars that had white Dash trim..I'm fairly sure @alloam's Zoe has (had!:D) the Grey trim like mine,and the Beige seems to be just as susceptible..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Now that is strange as, as I write my Zoe is down at Renault Birmingham ZE for the darker dash change plus a couple of other fixeso_O

The service receptionist did tell me that there is a 10 working day lead time to get the dark dash into stock.

Oh and have a look at this..

So could I suggest that your dealer may be telling you porky's;)
Yep..saw @alloam's vid on the subject..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts