Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

How do you keep your dashboard clean? I tend not to ever touch the dashboard but a previous owner seems to have and was wondering how best to clean it. Akin to that how do you keep those dreaded fingerprints off the infotainment screen?

Also in the two pics.. I understand regenerative braking but what does the arrow (which moves) and the 'ready' status indicate?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I don’t have the digital dash, but...

Ready just means what it says; the engine is on and ready to start. Presumably because you can’t hear it!

I don’t know what you mean by the green ‘arrow’ moving, it’s not really an arrow but a marker. The amount of regen you can achieve might change with time, for example when the battery is full.

You can get a manual for your car here if you need to:
Volkswagen Owners Manuals | Volkswagen UK

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, the green marker does move about (slowly) based on how much regen the battery can support at any given level of charge. Basically if you fill up the green to the marker, then no more regen available, and the brakes proper will be activated.

·
Registered
997 Posts
As above- the green marker will move out as you use more battery. When you have used just less than a quarter I find it is all the way out and gives you full regen capacity.

As for dashboard cleaning I keep this with the micro fibre cloth it comes with in my glove box; it’s excellent. Find you really need it in the mk7.5 as the whole dash is touch.

·
Registered
285 Posts
For general dashboard cleaning including screen and black gloss trim I use a quick mist spray of Autobrite Pink Sheen, been using it for a few years now. I like it better than Meguiars Quick Interior detailer which is still a good alternative and easier to get hold of. And as said before a good microfibre which is used just for the interior surfaces and not for anywhere else.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I’ve not used the Sat Nav in my Advance many times, but always just typed the postcode in the location boxas if I was typing in say a Town name, never selected the postcode icon (or seen it to be fair!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts