Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which fuse is related to the DRLs I've looked in the owners manual but can't find it - I've been told it won't be the same fuse as the main beams

·
Zoe Devotee
9,380 Posts
Does anyone know which fuse is related to the DRLs I've looked in the owners manual but can't find it - I've been told it won't be the same fuse as the main beams
Can I ask why you need this information?

If you're hoping to disconnect them there is a way via OMVS and perhaps the other cheaper ODB2 dongle options.

Reactions: Maxit

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey sandy,

That is the reason but I have the ZS EV app and an OBD... everything works great no crashes, all info comes up ect lights turn straight off but after a short amount of time (maybe 10mins) they come back on. I've tried 3 different devices so its not that, I assume after so long of inactivity the OBD is disconnecting and so lights are coming back on, thats just a guess but yeah I've tried all weekend and its the same issue.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hey sandy,

That is the reason but I have the ZS EV app and an OBD... everything works great no crashes, all info comes up ect lights turn straight off but after a short amount of time (maybe 10mins) they come back on. I've tried 3 different devices so its not that, I assume after so long of inactivity the OBD is disconnecting and so lights are coming back on, thats just a guess but yeah I've tried all weekend and its the same issue.
Is it legal to switch off DRL's on a car that is fitted with them as OEM equipment ?.
Don't know, just asking :unsure: .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it legal to switch off DRL's on a car that is fitted with them as OEM equipment ?.
Don't know, just asking :unsure: .
Honest answer... I've no idea lol but for my purposes it wouldn't really matter, I would be up in the Highlands or Snowdonia and the likes, they would only be off at night and only in the depth of winter when conditions were to uncomfortable in a tent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts