Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see robocop to day and I found at cineworld in MK and there are 2new rapid chargers with all 3cables no more than 500 feet a part but there offline for now

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Where are they?

There's been so many chargers around MK that are not yet in service it's stupid, probably at least as many not working as working (as in never been activated), hoping the rapids will be different.

What company/network are they part of? Seems an odd place to have rapids, I guess the popular suggestions of rapids on trunk roads and routes fell on deaf ears?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one is in cineworld car park at the bottom you can not miss it, and the other one is next to Iceland it just says DBT charge your car

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Took a look this morning, they're not in EV spaces so I guess (although never sure with Milton Keynes council) they will extend the spaces and add new ones for the rapids. No indication of who they are run by at all (ie which network) which seems odd?

Took a few pictures, will upload later.

My journey to see them went I went past 8 chargers which I have never seen in operation since installation (some quite a long time ago now, some only a few months), that's 16 plugs and spaces that may has well have not had tax payers money wasted on them. :(

Hope the rapids get up and running, and then protected by proper signage and enforcement, as this is a joke across most of Milton Keynes' charge network, I'm ashamed to say. :(

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
Interesting how much bigger than the dual standard versions. I can't believe the added logic for CCS adds much, so hopefully the extra size is due to design fixes for the dreadful reliability!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I am a little confused (easily done with me!) because I thought CCS was DC and yet it looks like the CCS connectotor is on the AC side?

Have I got this completely wrong?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Is anyone putting these new charge locations onto Open Charge Map?

If you don't want to do it yourself then just give me the details and I will add it.

I need as much detail as possible, location, what chargers are there, how many of each type, how many charge bays are allocated, any special requirements or restrictions, opening hours if not 24/7 etc.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If the location is easily accessible - whether on entry/exit to town/city or on main route, that's fine -- but it's going to be important to ensure they are only used for rapid charging, not for free etc cinema parking. that is an inexcusable waste

·
Registered
307 Posts
Chatting to a chargemaster chap today and was informed that they'll also be installed at the Coachway at M1 J14 and at the BMW dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts