Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Wouldn't surprise me if they have to download it individually from Hyundai for each VIN, due to licensing issues from whoever actually produces it.
No it works on multiple cars as the tech who installed mine also used same card to update another car on site at same time.

They needed 2 SDs. 1 to install the head unit then took SD card from car to update that on a pc. Put that back in car which then rebooted the system.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
@stageshoot

Do you have the Intelligent Speed Limit Warning activated? Does it make any difference to the speed camera stuff?
I passed a few of the Variable speed cameras today on the M1, they were all at the normal 70mph rather than a reduced speed so didnt get chance to see how ISLW handled it but this video shows the new bings when you approach a camera at above the limit along with change of colour in the limt

Click on video to view fullscreen for sound

New video by Richard Hurn

Will try and video one at reduced speed when I come across one

Reactions: Mark Cornwall

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
stageshoot - what conclusion can be drawn about apparently needing two attempts at downloading / installing to get the new BMS running correctly - was any explanation found?
Had an update from the dealer, as we suspected the reason it was not working on HPCs 150 and 350Kw Rapid Chargers) was that the original BMS update had been borked, one of the files had not applied correctly.

Once that was reapplied the Auxbatterysaver option went from the cluster and it worked fine on HPCs,

We still have real issues with all 50kw chargers, which now seems like a seperate issue, (Problem when you get 2 issues at the same time) so hopefully now they can sort that one

·
Registered
2 Posts
@stageshoot , apologies for delayed reply.
I still have Aux Battery Saver+ after the update to most recent version of all pieces of software. So I'm not quite sure how people lost it.
But I don't think your update was corrupted View attachment 131517
If you still see the Battery Saver option following the update, it means the technician taht did the update forgot some of the steps indicated in the service bulletin and the update actually wasn't done (it failed). You can also check if your brake lights stay lit when you come to a complete stop using the left paddle: before they update they would turn off once at a full stop, after the update they stay On even once you've come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, I still have Aux battery saver+.
But head unit and BMS were definitely updated. I see the same charging curve @stageshoot mentioned (throttling later at 77% and then at 79/80%). HPC also work fine. So maybe they haven't updated another component???

I will check the trick with left paddle/brake lights.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did a spontaneous road trip using High Power Electrify America Chargers after the new battery update.
Also provided some charging graphs and had a small problem using one charger:

·
Registered
236 Posts
@Piec2 , I did try test with paddle braking and you were right. The lights turn off once the car comes to full stop.
So it looks like I had only BMS and head unit updated but not some other component like most of people on this forum.

I'm not sure if there is any harm as the car works fine (no problem with HPCs, charging curve updated fine). Maybe I'm missing better management of 12v battery...

Anyway, thanks @Piec2 for help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
@Piec2 , I did try test with paddle braking and you were right. The lights turn off once the car comes to full stop.
So it looks like I had only BMS and head unit updated but not some other component like most of people on this forum.

I'm not sure if there is any harm as the car works fine (no problem with HPCs, charging curve updated fine). Maybe I'm missing better management of 12v battery...

Anyway, thanks @Piec2 for help.
But when you stop and Auto Hold is on, do the brake lights stay on?

I tested my car and with paddle braking the brake lights turn off, but with Auto Hold activated they stay on once the car comes to full stop. My car also still has the Aux Battery Saver option after the update.

·
Registered
530 Posts
There seems to be a worrying trend of missed or non applied updates and as owners we have no concrete way of knowing if they have been done correctly or fully with the exception of the odd clue like the battery saver and the brake lights. There may well be other mistakes but it seems we just would not know!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
There seems to be a worrying trend of missed or non applied updates and as owners we have no concrete way of knowing if they have been done correctly or fully with the exception of the odd clue like the battery saver and the brake lights. There may well be other mistakes but it seems we just would not know!
Thats the problem, these things cause odd glitches, and are hard to diagnose making it hard for owners and the dealers are not being given the correct if any info on whats being changed.

When my car went back in the dealer checked on the computers and the software had all the latest ID numbers even though some of the updates had not fully applied, so it made their job even harder in finding the issue and correcting, and thats with a really helpful dealer, if you had a computer says no type dealer I can imagine it would be almost impossible to get anything sorted.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
My local dealer is more "dealer says no", they don't even get as far as the computer :rolleyes:

Thankfully the ones I took it to last weekend were much more helpful, even if they did only put half of the satnav update on!

181 - 195 of 195 Posts