Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a headlight tint for these.

I then gloss black wrapped the Chrome bit in between the C Shapes

You can see the difference in the light output. The right is tinted the left isn't. Not a lot of difference between them, which was the look I was after.

Finished Job.... I really like it. makes the car even more aggressive-looking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hmmm I've had to look at this a few times. Its interesting the effect it's had. Need to see it at a few more angles I think.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Doll'd up with nowhere to go, I even Lippy'd up her tyres

Changed the Blue caps to Black, Just got the roof to gloss out and add a rear spoiler lip And maybe a TCR style gloss decal on the lower doors

I manage a Graphics Dept, when I finally get back to work I might design something with my own E logo in it

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm defo liking the black mirror covers. (As neat as the blue ones were). I've got some to fit meself once windows are tinted 😁.

Are they standard size badges you've had fitted in black or are they special to the e-golf?. Seem to be solid iirc.

I've a few other minor tweaks in mind too. Is it a gloss black roof your going for?.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm defo liking the black mirror covers. (As neat as the blue ones were). I've got some to fit meself once windows are tinted 😁.

Are they standard size badges you've had fitted in black or are they special to the e-golf?. Seem to be solid iirc.

I've a few other minor tweaks in mind too. Is it a gloss black roof your going for?.
Yes, I am going to gloss black roof.

This is the link to the guy I used for the badges. but just be aware the Mk7 badges are different from the Mk7.5. Make sure and request the correct ones.
The e-golf badges are exactly the same as any other golf

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok cool, many thanks, and top tip on the 7.5 sizing difference.

I'll take it a step at a time for the black trimming I think. Fancy the r-line skirts, valance and bumper trim first. Maybe h&r springs and the window tint with black mirror covers.
Quite like how done of these subtle changes make a log of difference on the golf though.

Out of interest on the seat mod you did, does carnet give you the option to preheat the seats in the morning once they're coded?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cool, many thanks, and top tip on the 7.5 sizing difference.

I'll take it a step at a time for the black trimming I think. Fancy the r-line skirts, valance and bumper trim first. Maybe h&r springs and the window tint with black mirror covers.
Quite like how done of these subtle changes make a log of difference on the golf though.

Out of interest on the seat mod you did, does carnet give you the option to preheat the seats in the morning once they're coded?
Seat Mod?

I don't have the winter pack on my car ( no heated seats. But with the Pre-heating I find I don't need them tbh

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! I need to sort some for my car actually, my 8 month old front plate is already delaminating.

Where did you source them from?

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry, no idea why I thought it was you that'd had the seat mods. Cabin fever must have set in, haha.

How did you go on with the new springs by the way. Were they easy enough to fit... Fronts look quite involved.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, no idea why I thought it was you that'd had the seat mods. Cabin fever must have set in, haha.

How did you go on with the new springs by the way. Were they easy enough to fit... Fronts look quite involved.
I am fairly mechanically minded (built my own Kitcar) but I didn't fancy those Front springs. I took it to my old mechanic who charged me £100 to fit all 4... tbh I thought that was cheap.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
My Pressed plates arrived today :cool:

View attachment 129459
They look really good !.
Can I ask what type of material they are made from ?.
I am guessing mild steel given they are high pressure stamped out and the price.
If so, what is on the reverse side and especially, the edges of the plates that could be sitting directly into the body work of the car.
What is used to prevent them from rusting ?.
On the Golf they will be attached to the plastic bumper covers, I understand that.
Not a criticism, just curious to know ?.:unsure:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aye rears look a doddle. But fronts a challenge.

I've changed shocks on my old mk2 GTi and it's not like the car is going anywhere at the mo so can take my time I guess!.

Quite fancy a play with wrapping after seeing yours. What wrap do you recommend?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aye rears look a doddle. But fronts a challenge.

I've changed shocks on my old mk2 GTi and it's not like the car is going anywhere at the mo so can take my time I guess!.

Quite fancy a play with wrapping after seeing yours. What wrap do you recommend?
I use KPMF, I find it ok to work with. In saying that I would like to try 3M or Vvivid

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They look really good !.
Can I ask what type of material they are made from ?.
I am guessing mild steel given they are high pressure stamped out and the price.
If so, what is on the reverse side and especially, the edges of the plates that could be sitting directly into the body work of the car.
What is used to prevent them from rusting ?.
On the Golf they will be attached to the plastic bumper covers, I understand that.
Not a criticism, just curious to know ?.:unsure:
  • Made from alloy
  • I have included a picture showing how the 3M adhesive tape I am using keeps the plate approx 2mm away from the bodywork
  • As they are alloy they wont rust
  • Yes I will also attach the front on the Black plastic holder, the rear will be fitted the same as the standard plate

1 - 20 of 30 Posts