Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gradually getting used to the e208 but can't seem to find how to deactivate and then, when required, reinstate Eco mode despite pressing all the buttons in sight...

In passing, I fear I'll never become comfortable with that fiddly, fiddly, FIDDLY Parking Brake contraption. It's a damn nuisance. I can't for the life of me see the remotest need for it, it was not a feature on the px Zoe and a thousand times the better for it too.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,164 Posts
The car always defaults to "Normal" mode when you start it. You then select "ECO" mode (why on earth you would want to do that though unless getting tight finding a charger on a long trip). If you've selected either "ECO" or "SPORT" mode with the rocker switch on the centre pedestal, you just need to select another mode by rocking the switch.

Why are you worrying about the "Parking Brake contraption"? If you're so worried about it, just leave it alone. You don't actually have to touch it to operate the car. If you just switch the car off, it'll apply it. If you don't touch it and it is applied when you start the car, just start driving and it will disengage. If you're driving and you come to a stop at traffic lights, just hold the car on the foot brake.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
As said above - use the rocker switch to select the mode you want

eco is crap as it just desensitises the throttle

I’m pretty sure the accelerator has a “kick down” that would give you full power though

(not tested as ive never put the car into eco)

ive seen a few posts about the handbrake button and no idea what you mean.My zoe had a handbrake lever!

inthink the electric parking brake is pretty cool

it comes on on its own when you switch the car off

a little flick at traffic lights abs it’s activated then you just press the accelerator when it’s time to go and it deactivates

you want a car that automatically controls your handbrake?

JJ

ps the amount of posts is getting hard track
Please can you just start a thread about all your questions? The search engine will still find the content

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.