Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am contemplating ordering the Tech version which is around £36k after the government grant. Has anyone who has ordered managed to achieve any discounts from the dealer, if so what % ?

Generally is it reasonable to expect some discount / incentive when ordering ?

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
My understanding is that there is considerable interest in the car and UK deliveries are only now underway so it doesn't to me to be likely that there are any special incentives at the moment, but no harm in trying...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't think that is an option, my understanding is that the dealing are only handling the sale for VW and they (the dealer) gets a set commission on each car.

They may offer more on a trade-in instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

I am contemplating ordering the Tech version which is around £36k after the government grant. Has anyone who has ordered managed to achieve any discounts from the dealer, if so what % ?

Thanks
I read somewhere you can get around £800 off the life and i think £1000 off the others

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Just found the post drivethedeal £828 off the Life apparently

·
Registered
150 Posts
Car is way too new for any form of discount I think, for the moment from what I've read there is an actually waiting list and delivery dates now are for next year, so.......However, you always need to try 👍

·
Registered
550 Posts
Drivethedeal.com are offering discounts on ID3s - I think up to about £1000 depending on model.

No connection to them other than as a happy customer.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The fact that you can still order a 1st Edition (which sold out a year ago) proves they are not in demand as much as VW will have you believe, so yes discounts (albeit small) will be available this will all depend on how many the dealer has ‘sold’.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
The fact that you can still order a 1st Edition (which sold out a year ago) proves they are not in demand as much as VW will have you believe, so yes discounts (albeit small) will be available this will all depend on how many the dealer has ‘sold’.
Well, the UK is a special case, more like special needs...

When talking about demand for the ID.3, you should probably look into sales figures from the rest of Europe, Norway for example. ;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well, the UK is a special case, more like special needs...

When talking about demand for the ID.3, you should probably look into sales figures from the rest of Europe, Norway for example. ;)
Why would I do that?

I live in the UK, we were only offered one trim level (Plus) as VWUK decided that’s what we all wanted, how wrong they were, people clearly also wanted the base and top of the range model, which is why so many cancelled.

THIS is why you can still buy a 1st edition here and other countries (that offered all 3 trim levels) you cannot.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,148 Posts
Why would I do that?

I live in the UK, we were only offered one trim level (Plus) as VWUK decided that’s what we all wanted, how wrong they were, people clearly also wanted the base and top of the range model, which is why so many cancelled.

THIS is why you can still buy a 1st edition here and other countries (that offered all 3 trim levels) you cannot.
I think the fact that the UK and Ireland are the only market for RHD models has something to do with it.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,846 Posts
Why would I do that?

If you don't understand why....Where do I start:
  • RHD
  • BREXIT
  • COVID

I think I will sooner run out of abbreviations, than reasons. But you can blame VWUK if you want... :unsure: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the fact that the UK and Ireland are the only market for RHD models has something to do with it.
In Ireland we got all three 1st models, my dealer told me he could have sold ten times as many base 1st had he been able to get them. Many people changed from their preferred higher spec initial choice when they saw the pricing. (€7K between each spec- for basically the same car!)

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you don't understand why....Where do I start:
  • RHD
  • BREXIT
  • COVID
I think I will sooner run out of abbreviations, than reasons. But you can blame VWUK if you want... :unsure: :rolleyes:
RHD & BREXIT was always a ‘UK thing’ before the pre-booking opened.
Pre-bookers were also dropping like flies before COVID, but yes that will certainly have an impact, not just here but everywhere they have gone on sale.
Genuine question: what other countries can you still buy a 1st Edition today if you hadn’t pre-booked one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Brexit will only affect car purchases if we go out with a no deal and car imports are subject to a 10% tariff (6.3% total).
I for one hope no-one buys the ID3 and VW are forced to offer huge discounts!
I will be in the market for an electric car next year and the ID3 is top of my list due to what it offers for the price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In Ireland we got all three 1st models, my dealer told me he could have sold ten times as many base 1st had he been able to get them. Many people changed from their preferred higher spec initial choice when they saw the pricing. (€7K between each spec- for basically the same car!)
Is what a dealer says reliable?
Sounds a bit of an exaggeration to me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Brexit will only affect car purchases if we go out with a no deal and car imports are subject to a 10% tariff (6.3% total).
I for one hope no-one buys the ID3 and VW are forced to offer huge discounts!
I will be in the market for an electric car next year and the ID3 is top of my list due to what it offers for the price.
[/QUOTE

1 - 20 of 28 Posts