Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
My 2018 Passat GTE has been in at VW for over a week. It is in for the modified "rear / side assist" sensors. That part is all done. BUT..... and here it is, the dealer tells me there is a cover that prevents road crud being sprayed up and fouling the sensors. Mine didn't have such a cover, so dealer has ordered in lots of different types in the hope one fitted. He has just called and told me they none fit my GTE. As the car didn't have one, he cannot find a part number. He is at a loss as to what to do now. If he hands the car back, the side / rear assist error will re-appear as the road crud builds up. I'm asking for one of you kind souls, to go out on your knees and look to see what the cover part number is, so he can order one up for my car ! Its should be rear drivers side (UK cars!) and fill in the gap between the rear bumper and exhaust box. I would guess the cover is only fitted to cars with rear blind spot / side assist ?
Waiting in anticipation.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Probably a "long shot" but may be worth enquiring from this firm which fits this option aftermarket:
KUFATEC
Upon MY 20 Passat GTE rear bumper profile was changed perhaps to accommodate for this option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts