Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried out pumping up the tyres with the pump in the boot - cant get it to seal properly at the moment just leaks air.

Also if one wakes up at home with a flat tyre that has wall damage which is not fixable with the repair kit, have you found the jack and wheel brace to take a wheel down to the repair shop? I have not found one so far have I not looked in the right place?

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I think there was some discussion of this on the US forum: I think the conclusion was the selector was set to sealant by default and was very stiff to change and the instructions are pretty poor. Are you sure you managed to set it to air rather than sealant setting?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most vehicles nowadays that have a pump and sealant in the boot do not have a jack or wheel brace.
The idea is that you fill the tyre with sealant and pump up the tyre then drive to your local tyre fitters for repair or new tyre.

Obviously if you have tyre that is damaged on the sidewall then the sealant won't work i guess you either have to get your own jack and wheel brace, get your local garage out to remove the wheel or call the AA out if your not at home.

I have always thought not having a spare with a jack and brace is a bit risky if you damage the tyre badly.

But i guess smarter people than me made that decision. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts