Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn’t expect to see over 160m from 80% charge. That said the car is used mainly in towns on short trips with a careful driver (wife loves getting the efficiently as high as possible)

managed 145m from a 90% charge last time out, happy with that tbh

·
Registered
21 Posts
In think you'll find It's 100% charged, the 10 blue bars each one is 10%, it's certainly showing it is in 30 minutes, and there's no departure time set which would have limited it to 80%.

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah of course, something is a miss here then. I did change to 100% last week as my wife was doing a 70m round trip. Since going back to 80% its ignoring that obviously. I need to have a play.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
ah of course, something is a miss here then. I did change to 100% last week as my wife was doing a 70m round trip. Since going back to 80% its ignoring that obviously. I need to have a play.....
You need to make sure the timer light comes on at the plug or it will charge straight away.

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't use the timer function, the car is just plugged in when it needs it and charged to 80% as a rule over night. Only had it since January and not had this issue before, not actually charged it more than a handful of times but more now we're out of lockdown. The only thing i can think off is that i have been pressing the top button on the charging port when i plugged it in, but yesterday i didn't bother....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't use the timer function, the car is just plugged in when it needs it and charged to 80% as a rule over night. Only had it since January and not had this issue before, not actually charged it more than a handful of times but more now we're out of lockdown. The only thing i can think off is that i have been pressing the top button on the charging port when i plugged it in, but yesterday i didn't bother....
The top button overrides the departure time if you have one set. Furthermore, IIRC it remembers the override next time you charge too, unless you press the bottom button to revert back to timed charging.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you want to charge straight away to 80% and stay there whilst remaining plugged in, you have to set the departure timer to maximum 80% and the minimum charge level to 80%.
The picture you have above is the departure timer setting.

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all departure times are off. Just noticed that home was set to 80% and standard was 100%, just changed standard to 80% as well. Still confused a little but will see next time

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 'locations' will not do anything unless you have activated the departure time which points to it.
That's what I though, the 'ready in 30mins' is to Battery Full rather that a departure time. I am wondering if the app just didn't sync with the car when i adjusted 100% back to 80%

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't think you can adjust the charge straight away settings from the app you need to do that in the info screen, departure time settings have no effect on anything it they're not selected.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't think you can adjust the charge straight away settings from the app you need to do that in the info screen, departure time settings have no effect on anything it they're not selected.
Probably not all, but some more settings available on the app if you tap the cog on the top right shown in the screenshot in the original post.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts