Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
EGolf
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn’t expect to see over 160m from 80% charge. That said the car is used mainly in towns on short trips with a careful driver (wife loves getting the efficiently as high as possible)

managed 145m from a 90% charge last time out, happy with that tbh

·
Registered
100 Posts
ah of course, something is a miss here then. I did change to 100% last week as my wife was doing a 70m round trip. Since going back to 80% its ignoring that obviously. I need to have a play.....
You need to make sure the timer light comes on at the plug or it will charge straight away.

·
Registered
EGolf
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't use the timer function, the car is just plugged in when it needs it and charged to 80% as a rule over night. Only had it since January and not had this issue before, not actually charged it more than a handful of times but more now we're out of lockdown. The only thing i can think off is that i have been pressing the top button on the charging port when i plugged it in, but yesterday i didn't bother....

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't use the timer function, the car is just plugged in when it needs it and charged to 80% as a rule over night. Only had it since January and not had this issue before, not actually charged it more than a handful of times but more now we're out of lockdown. The only thing i can think off is that i have been pressing the top button on the charging port when i plugged it in, but yesterday i didn't bother....
The top button overrides the departure time if you have one set. Furthermore, IIRC it remembers the override next time you charge too, unless you press the bottom button to revert back to timed charging.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.