Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm ready to push the button and order my next Model S - which will be mine for the next 30 months.
Any comments/opinions out there on:
  • what Brexit might do to Tesla UK retail prices?
  • when the free lifetime supercharging might end ?
  • any other factors I could consider?
Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
1. Hard Brexit = probable further devaluation of Sterling so the price probably goes up. Anything else likely to see a strengthening of Sterling so prices could fall.
2. Your guess is as good as anyone else's
3. There will always be rumours of what's coming next with the resultant tendency to delay the purchase. On that basis you'd never buy. If it feels right go for it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Crystal ball on the prices and currency - I can;t see a trade deal resulting in less tarrif and the exchange rates could go either way - possibly improve a little but I don't think the weaker pound is fully reflected in the current prices so if anything I can see prices staying the same or going up

Lifetime might end any minute - its typically an incentive in a quarter and the quarter finishes next week

Wheels wise - if you're looking at 21" wheels I've a brand new set of anachrids, still in their wrapping,I'd happily swap for 19" for a lot less than the upgrade price to 21" Tesla wil charge.

·
Registered
986 Posts
@Jon G a quick question on your very helpful website if I may. What does the “market price” indicator mean?

E.G. there’s a new inventory LR MS priced at £86,540, which is exactly the same price if you configured as a custom build, but your site has a market price of £82,009.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Market price is the average of all the cars of the same model (ie MS 90D) from that year. It works best on used cars, and I hadn't really thought of the implications of a mix of new and used. If you're on a desktop or ipad type device you should see the scatter plot of all the data points its using distributed by price and mileage - you often get a nice curve to show how the price falls with mileage for a given model.

Just had a look and there are cars 77k which brings the average down - it doesn't take into account options which is accounting for the spread of prices.

If you thought it might be an indicator of the best price that exact car spec could be bought for, sadly it doesn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts