Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Zoe Devotee
Are they expensive?

Zoe Devotee
Free for staff. It is like the Marie Celeste in work today
Wow, we get 1 space between 5 staff average I think.... and 1 charger socket only.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
There are a total of 12 bays in that car park, 20 in another and then ones and twos dotted around the campus. All around there are probably 50 charging points on campus which I think it pretty good, especially as they are all free

Zoe Devotee
There are a total of 12 bays in that car park, 20 in another and then ones and twos dotted around the campus. All around there are probably 50 charging points on campus which I think it pretty good, especially as they are all free
Where in the world is this? There is barely more than that number of chargers in my entire region lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I believe its somewhere with ivory towers...
Almost.....Warwick University. There is also a rapid at Tesco across the road! The biggest problem is that we have a huge automotive R&D function here with the National Automotive Innovation Centre. One of the car parks is rammed with company I-Pace charging all day. I even saw what I think is a PHEV Range Rover Sport this morning

Registered
BMW 300e 2020 model and Leaf 40kW 2019 model
The EV bays in one of the busiest car parks at work today.......
View attachment 129056
The big issue is this:

I went for a quick lunch in the terminal. Practically dead, very few passengers, restaurants and shops closed, flights cancelled and so on. I don't mean that "my" tiny airport is a problem globally, but the red letters "Cancelled" can be read on every airport, traffic dropped dramatically everywhere in Europe.

UK down 37.7% yesterday, Sweden 47.4%... Of course, currently Italy (and Latvia) is in the worst situation with a drop of around 90%. Right now, the problem is not the empty staff parking spaces, but will they be filled again...? THAT is the big question.

More stats for those interested: Daily Traffic Variation - States

Attachments

Registered
MG EZS 2020
Just be careful you don't drive over that poorly jaundiced fellow on the floor. He should move, he's blocking 2 bays.

Reactions: HandyAndy

Registered
Once you've self-isolated, who is going to close your contactor again? :eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I am now working from home, well my GF's lovely home, and my little car will be living off the granny charger for the foreseeable. Maybe she will let me use my grant and fit a charger at her place.......not that I am trying to move in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts