Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTE advance has parking sensors plus a reversing camera.

Being used to VW parking sensors over the years I don't really see the value in the camera and keep pressing the button to switch to sensor mode after I've selected reverse.

Is there a way to keep it in that mode as default? Every time I select reverse it goes back to showing view from camera

·
Registered
BMW 300e 2020 model and Leaf 40kW 2019 model
290 Posts
Do you have to actively select which one the car uses...? I never had a VW, but in all my cars ever since 2015 (my first car with camera and sensors) both the camera and the sensors are used all the time by default. I can switch of the camera display in both our cars, but I can not disable the function of the camera or the sensors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it defaults to camera with sensors view overlaid on top - can now see how you’re supposed to use both at the same time, seems intuitive now.

is possible to turn off camera view after started reversing though will always come back on next time

·
Registered
BMW 300e 2020 model and Leaf 40kW 2019 model
290 Posts
Yeah it defaults to camera with sensors view overlaid on top - can now see how you’re supposed to use both at the same time, seems intuitive now.

is possible to turn off camera view after started reversing though will always come back on next time
Yes, but even if you turn off the camera view, the car supposed to use ALL available resources. The only change is that YOU don't see the picture, but the car should still see it, invisible only from you. I am sure that's how VW works as well. When reversing, it is like a rear view mirror, it is good that you can't turn it off. I don't understand why people at all want tu turn off the camera. It is there for a good reason and it definitely helps in difficult situations or narrow spaces.

The only camera view I can turn off is the front camera in our Leaf, but even if I turn the camera off, it not actually the camera I turn off, but the display of the camera image. In the BMW I can't turn off the camera, or at least not something I ever seen possible to do. Anyway, in all cars I have had with camera, the camera is used internally by the safety systems, even when the picture is not displayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts