Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the car in at the Renault garage to check out the "check electric system" warning that continued to show, even after replacing the 12V battery. According to Renault the elec water pump is broken and needs replacing.

What exactly does the water pump do? Isn't the battery air-cooled? How easy or complex is the replacement of it? Can a DIYer manage it or does it need specific tools?

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the car in at the Renault garage to check out the "check electric system" warning that continued to show, even after replacing the 12V battery. According to Renault the elec water pump is broken and needs replacing.

What exactly does the water pump do? Isn't the battery air-cooled? How easy or complex is the replacement of it? Can a DIYer manage it or does it need specific tools?

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed.

Cheers
The motor drive and other power electronic components are water cooled. The Q90 motor is also water cooled but the R motors are air cooled.

Check out HEVRA garages who are competent to work on EVs and should be able to give an assessment and competitive quote.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,162 Posts
Only in the Q90 is the motor water-cooled, and as you say the battery is not.
As above a HEVRA garage is the best bet. In terms of DIY @Toomba and @yoh-there are probably best to advise.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
501 Posts
I can only say for the Q210 (because thats the one I have) and the traction battery on that is cooled down (when needed / fast charging ect) by the air conditioning of the car and its refrigerant (not by the coolant header tank with antifreeze in it at the front of the car) - I think the coolant header tank with the antifreeze in just cools the PEB electronics board (and possibly the motor ?) in mine havent a clue where the water pump is in my Q210 to distribute the coolant though, must be attached to the top of the motor?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you have the diagnostic report? Where are you based?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the diagnostic report? Where are you based?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
I don"t have the diagnostic report. (I suppose I could request this from Renault). I am based in western Germany.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They didn"t give me a report but they did give the error code:

DTC0463F-1

"Waterpump exchange"

Part no. 210101348R Pump 4A19

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
501 Posts
isnt it strange it brought up the check electric system message, i thought that would have been just for the 12v worn out battery

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I still don"t understand what the circuit cools, if not the traction battery or motor?? Is it for the air con?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I hope the 'R' motor has a cooling circuit, as I paid for the coolant to be changed at the 5th service!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts