Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

the SD card for my Renault Zoe Z.E 40, R90, 2017 (labeled "259209885R") is unreadable, both in my car and in my PC.
Is there anything I can do except visit my dealer? I have a new, blank SD card, but have not found a way to use it yet.

Jan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tandy0,

I do not know. I see this costs £42, does this mean there is no free way to initialize a broken card?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine was replaced for free under warranty. But it was a rather lengthy process. The multimedia customer service team were great, but they couldn't get verification for the warranty from the main customer service team. So I was sent to run in circles for several times. I took it as a challenge and was ultimately successful.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts
Guidance has been messaged. But worth note if you've never backed up your SD card using rlink toolbox you'll be out of luck, you can still create a virgin card but..... it'll have no maps on it.

Reactions: Jan Eri and Tandy0

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
237 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
will this one work? £19

10.15 2020 TomTom Renault R-LINK SD Card EUROPE Map UK BRITAIN IRELAND FRANCE | eBay

says r-link but 2014 on and my zoe 2013 has an R-link
I can't 100% guarantee it, but that definitely looks right. The listing description says it supports Zoe too.

R-Link didn't really change at all over the years minus the inclusion of Android Auto in the later models so I'd assume every 22 and 40kWh Zoe regardless of the year would work with it.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
155 Posts
I can't 100% guarantee it, but that definitely looks right. The listing description says it supports Zoe too.

R-Link didn't really change at all over the years minus the inclusion of Android Auto in the later models so I'd assume every 22 and 40kWh Zoe regardless of the year would work with it.
Thanks for that - I think I will order one myself - I dare say my maps are just 2013 ones on my r-link. Although I did enable Android auto on my r-link so i Suppose i could use google maps instead. I wonder though what is the best between Google and TomTom maps.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
237 Posts
Thanks for that - I think I will order one myself - I dare say my maps are just 2013 ones on my r-link. Although I did enable Android auto on my r-link so i Suppose i could use google maps instead. I wonder though what is the best between Google and TomTom maps.
IMHO save your money, just use Android Auto. We’ve never used the R-Link mapping on any of our Zoes, we’ve always used Google maps and it’s never let us down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Summarizing, as the OP of this thread:

My dealer made it clear that I was unlikely to get a replacement card, so I decided to order Item ID: 182865075442 10.15 2020 TomTom Renault R-LINK SD Card EUROPE Map UK BRITAIN IRELAND FRANCE | eBay (thanks Andy-Zoé-User)

In the end I actually got a new card from my dealer, and now I also received the one from ebay. Both works!

They both report 11.346.3206684-8060. The card from my dealer has maps "Scandinavia v1010.v8932", while the one from ebay has "Europe v1015.v9146". The ebay card initially claimed to have an update, but it failed to install.

This exercise was good motivation to try to get Android Auto working.

Jan

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
155 Posts
Summarizing, as the OP of this thread:

My dealer made it clear that I was unlikely to get a replacement card, so I decided to order Item ID: 182865075442 10.15 2020 TomTom Renault R-LINK SD Card EUROPE Map UK BRITAIN IRELAND FRANCE | eBay (thanks Andy-Zoé-User)

In the end I actually got a new card from my dealer, and now I also received the one from ebay. Both works!

They both report 11.346.3206684-8060. The card from my dealer has maps "Scandinavia v1010.v8932", while the one from ebay has "Europe v1015.v9146". The ebay card initially claimed to have an update, but it failed to install.

This exercise was good motivation to try to get Android Auto working.

Jan
Oh good, glad that cheaper one off ebay worked in yours £19 is a good price for one

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
155 Posts
My SD card came in the post today and it works absolutely perfect in my 2013 Zoe rlink - great to see the map updated. Waiting a bit longer than expected because the ebay seller said the item location was Birmingham UK and thats where I thought it was located ..... turned out it was located in Lithuania ! - never mind I got it now and it was a great price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am surprised that you could simply get an SD card from Lithuania and have it work!
Is the software and map info generic then?
Could one clone an SD card from one car and simply put it in another?
Alternatively, could anyone use the r-link toolbox to create a new card with the latest software version (and even the latest maps?) and just put it in a friend's car???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts