Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi just sorted my defer charging issues with my Ds3 Crossback Etense
App won’t work and nothing in the car to sort

I installed a 60amp Smart WiFi Meter and with App TuyaSmart Smart it controls the charging point and monitors the energy consumption and schedule of the charging on the car
Ds have been a nightmare on customer service
Emylo Smart WiFi Meter £35 from Amazon

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,737 Posts
All the PSA cars are similar in that they charge immediately you plug them in. If you want to defer the charge and you have a smart charger it's better to plug it in and let the charger sort it out. If you try and defer the charge on the car then I think it gets confused.

There is a button in the charge flap that switches the car between immediate charge and deferred charge. It's got a clock time thing on it. If you unlock the car and open the flap and don't open the doors and the auto relock kicks in before you've plugged in the charge cable it might also change to timed charge on the car.

I assume there is something on the infotainment system with the timed charge settings.

It was ok when chargers were dumb but now they're smart the car and the charger can end up fighting over who is deciding when the car will charge.

It's worth looking at the user manual as it should say about what it does by default. It might need some experimentation to find a combination that car and charger are happy with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the PSA cars are similar in that they charge immediately you plug them in. If you want to defer the charge and you have a smart charger it's better to plug it in and let the charger sort it out. If you try and defer the charge on the car then I think it gets confused.

There is a button in the charge flap that switches the car between immediate charge and deferred charge. It's got a clock time thing on it. If you unlock the car and open the flap and don't open the doors and the auto relock kicks in before you've plugged in the charge cable it might also change to timed charge on the car.

I assume there is something on the infotainment system with the timed charge settings.

It was ok when chargers were dumb but now they're smart the car and the charger can end up fighting over who is deciding when the car will charge.

It's worth looking at the user manual as it should say about what it does by default. It might need some experimentation to find a combination that car and charger are happy with.
Nothing on mine and no energy symbol for entering infozone
This is the only way I can defer charge

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,737 Posts
It's definitely got the button for deferring the charge from the car.

If you plug it in and let it start charging and then use the smart charger app to stop the charge and then set a time on that app for another charge time what happens?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely got the button for deferring the charge from the car.

If you plug it in and let it start charging and then use the smart charger app to stop the charge and then set a time on that app for another charge time what happens?
Like I said the app won’t work on my Car
Been told by Ds that it has a recall and software upgrade needs to be installed

No buttons just a blue light
I ain’t new to Electric Cars but my Vw software foolproof
Ds software needs a lot more work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.