Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in here heard about deliveries of the AWD being delayed?
On the Facebook page there is a comment that production of the AWD cars is delayed until October.
if that is true then the cars are unlikely to land at Immingham before December.
I was at the Sunderland presentation on Wednesday, speaking with the Sales chap, but there was no mention that the October delivery date would not be met.
Rather disappointed about this!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My dealer said his AWD demo is still on track for Sept (y)
Methinks some folks are telling porkies! I have read on forums and been told by my dealer that all demonstrators coming into the UK in September will be RWD.
My GT Line S AWD is due in October. However I have just seen documentation posted on the KIA EV6 UK Facebook page that the GT Line S AWD cars will be October builds, due for delivery in December.
I am more than a bit pi55ed off that the dealer did not advise me of this fact on Wednesday at the EV6 presentation!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was in dealers 2 weeks ago I told him I had seen a post that AWD and the Matt Grey cars are delayed, he went on to his order on his screen and said there is no change and as far as he can see his demo is due Sept but no confirmed date :unsure:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bit of a Hobson choice - do you believe Facebook or a car dealer? 🤣

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,622 Posts
The Ioniq AWD (apart from the 175 Project 45s) seem to be later than the RWD models so could be the same for the EV6s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at the Sunderland presentation on Wednesday, speaking with the Sales chap, but there was no mention that the October delivery date would not be met.
Rather disappointed about this!
Hello, I may have been at the same presentation as you (I was at evening one).

I am just looking at one or two more things before I place my order, I will be leasing through the NHS.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello, I may have been at the same presentation as you (I was at evening one).

I am just looking at one or two more things before I place my order, I will be leasing through the NHS.
I was at the 16:00 presentation, it is a shame this was not a production car, I was disappointed about the quality of the dash trim, I am hoping the production version is an improvement.
My son has just told me of a Lease Deal for an iPace at less than £400pm, but it is salary sacrifice for NHS, I am nor eligible. If you are interested I could find out more for you. Loads of iPaces parked up at hospitals now!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was at the 16:00 presentation, it is a shame this was not a production car, I was disappointed about the quality of the dash trim, I am hoping the production version is an improvement.
My son has just told me of a Lease Deal for an iPace at less than £400pm, but it is salary sacrifice for NHS, I am nor eligible. If you are interested I could find out more for you. Loads of iPaces parked up at hospitals now!
Nice secondhand one coming free in October 😊

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have watched many test drive videos - in one I watched last night, one of the design team did say that the quality of production vehicles would be better than the demo car.

My lease would be salary sacrifice, some very good deals. EV6 GT-S is around £400 on a 10k mile per annum deal. Tesla M3 is significantly cheaper on same contract (£310).

Unfortunately, I need 20k miles per annum which does push cost up a bit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Unfortunately, I need 20k miles per annum which does push cost up a bit.
I understand that if you intend to buy the car at the end of the lease the mileage you actually do does not matter (I.e. the excess mileage charge does not apply). I had this situation with a PCP with Nissan on a Leaf so speak from experience.

I understand people in this situation tailor their PCP quote accordingly (and lower yearly mileage does not always lead to lower monthly payment).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Methinks some folks are telling porkies! I have read on forums and been told by my dealer that all demonstrators coming into the UK in September will be RWD.
My GT Line S AWD is due in October. However I have just seen documentation posted on the KIA EV6 UK Facebook page that the GT Line S AWD cars will be October builds, due for delivery in December.
I am more than a bit pi55ed off that the dealer did not advise me of this fact on Wednesday at the EV6 presentation!!!
As we are approaching the end of September I thought I would ask on this thread on which the topic is "First Wave Kia EV6 deliveries to the UK" if anyone knows what the likely delivery date is for the first EV6 allocation for customers? Has anyone got a recent update from Kia or their dealer?

I appreciate there are a lot of general supply chain issues in the UK, due to Brexit/Covid/Lorry Driver Shortages/Other reasons, but I presume that Kia ships these cars from South Korea to the UK and once they are at the port they are then moved to the dealers using pre-contracted delivery on car transporters so I assume these general supply chain issues will not affect the delivery dates.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read somewhere last week (Can't find it again), that EV6 production in august amounted to around 6000 cars.
Of those cars, 1/3 was delivered to customers in south Korea and 2/3 was shipped to Europe.

Edit: Found it
The manufacturer reports 5,670 units that have left the South Korean plant last month, out of which 1,910 were for domestic market and 3,760 for export (Europe).

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's talk on the FB group of AWD delays due to something needing changing in the drivetrain. If this was the case you'd think Kia would be able to tell dealers and the correct info disseminated.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's talk on the FB group of AWD delays due to something needing changing in the drivetrain. If this was the case you'd think Kia would be able to tell dealers and the correct info disseminated.
Which Facebook group are you referring to?
I look at KIA EV6 UK and KIA EV6 Interest group and have seen nothing re problems with the AWD drive train. If there is a problem it must also be affecting the Ionic 5.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts