Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
The presenter at the launch - a springbok called Pete - made an excellent introduction and mentioned this safety feature so I think we will.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought Kia uk only allocated cars as they came off the boat and were physically in the UK. I'm intrigued that some people know that their car is on the boat, yet my dealer has no information to update me with (ordered GT line S AWD early may as part of the preorder process)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I thought Kia uk only allocated cars as they came off the boat and were physically in the UK. I'm intrigued that some people know that their car is on the boat, yet my dealer has no information to update me with (ordered GT line S AWD early may as part of the preorder process)
I don’t know why the difference between dealers. Mine is saying my car is on the boat.
Time will tell…

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sam, as stated my dealer rang me on Thursday to advise me my car would be delivered to me on 1st Nov.
If what you say is correct, I am thinking my dealer has gambled that I am going to take the car following my test drive. I will also guess if I do not take the car, he has someone else who has an order in for an EV6 GT Line S AWD in White Pearl.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi all, just been told by my dealer ( Arnold Clark Paisley ) that their demonstrator has been delayed until 2nd week in November.

Also that there is a delay with matte grey cars , mine's a matte grey GT Line-S RWD, expected 29/11/2021 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I called my dealer today, Wessex Gloucester, was told that they have no date on the system for my order. Order was placed 8th August. But was told lead time is 22-24 weeks for the awd so expect delivery in January. Sill no info on tow bar price. Test drive on a borrowed demonstrator from Wessex Bristol 25-28th October. Will be booked tomorrow when dealer calls me back.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I called my dealer today, Wessex Gloucester, was told that they have no date on the system for my order. Order was placed 8th August. But was told lead time is 22-24 weeks for the awd so expect delivery in January. Sill no info on tow bar price. Test drive on a borrowed demonstrator from Wessex Bristol 25-28th October. Will be booked tomorrow when dealer calls me back.
Frustrating isn't in. I do notice that the UK manual features a tow bar. Looks like at least a manually detachable one is an option - although I would prefer one with a boot button to activate.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
720 Posts
After being quoted March 2022 for delivery of GTLineS RWD and paying a returnable deposit subject to a test drive dealer contacted me yesterday to say the test drive vehicle is due to be delivered in a few weeks AND it is likely that my vehicle may be on same transporter :eek: Well let’s see what happens but that is a bit inconvenient:D I am not holding my breath on this but that would be interesting. I really sense that the dealers have no idea about delivery currently.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am getting a bit nervous now. Thruxton which was due to dock at Immingham on 20th has just left Rotterdam BUT is heading for Antwerp! The due date for Immingham is now showing as 21st!
My dealer did advise my car would be ready for me on 1st November, but this may be a bit tight yet.
I’d been hoping for 1st November but realistically Friday 5th November is now my expectation.
im at the dealer on Wednesday for the test drive so will have a chat then. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
As Sam says Thruxton has now docked at Immingham! The next ship that I can see from Pyeongtaek to Immingham is Morning Laura departing 1 November, arriving 12 December.
I had my test drive yesterday and immediately confirmed my order. The Dealer tells me he should have my car by 1st November,
the test drive was great, I love i pedal.

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS RWD
485 Posts
When I placed my deposit a few weeks ago, the dealer was suggesting February or March.

After test drive today, dealer now saying my car is on a boat, could have it early December.

It's a Yacht Blue GT Line S RWD, no heat pump.

He also said it's the AWD versions sufferings delays / long lead - I probably benefitted from the fact that the spec I want is the same as is being provided for vast majority of dealers as demos.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well just had a call from my dealer and he has told me that my car won't be here till January. ☹

Apparently it is because it is AWD and has a heat pump, not because it is in matte grey.

He said that another identical car for someone else was also due the same time.

Still going to have a test drive of their RWD GT line s on Wednesday.

Tim

·
Registered
124 Posts
Steve,

Is that for the car you are buying or just a test drive?

I think you are at the same dealer as me - Braintree.

They have a RWD GT line S in red, had a look at it yesterday.

Tim

·
Registered
720 Posts
Great email from my dealer. Seems my vehicle may be ready before the Demo is available for test drive. My car arriving end of next week it seems.

“….Very likely before our own demo will be available to drive. So as soon as I have confirmed its arrival we can book you in for a test drive in your own car.
Of course it goes without saying that you would be the only person able to do so, as it is your own car”:D

Any thoughts? I can see good points and bad points about this approach.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts