Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, click to buy rang today to say my car will be arriving in the docks on Jan 27th for hand over mid Feb (Aug 2nd order, delayed 4-6 weeks from Jan 17th). That will be just 2 weeks before the 19 plate comes out. I asked if it could be delayed to have a 19 plate and they said yes, but it would mean delaying delivery till the end of March not the 1st March. I said I'd think about it. Has anybody else asked this, been told this? Is it a tactic to put people off delaying? Perhaps it's because it will have to be kept in a compound until the next batch of transporters heads out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also ordered on 2nd August ( 64 Premium SE pulse Red 2 tone ) with a handover date of 17th January. I got the dreaded email on 13th December delaying delivery by 4 to 6 weeks. I spoke to CTB last Friday and they confirmed that the car would arrive 27th Jan and be available mid Feb. I asked for and got a verbal agreement for handover on Friday 1st March. They said that I would get an email this week with details and confirmation. Holding my breath!

P.S looks like my car is on the Morning Lady, currently docked in Turkey offloading cars on route to Tilbury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
That’s because they aren’t holding your car they are selling it to somebody else in the queue and you get bumped to next shipment.

It’s pointless waiting for new plate just take delivery of the he car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I guess I'm lucky that my car is due mid February, with a pick up date of 12 March, so hopefully will be on the new plate. However, I couldn't get CTB to confirm; she didn't seem to understand the question. TBH if I was one of you who's car was being unloaded now, I'd want it sooner rather than later.

I'm just eager to get the car. Maybe I can get one of yours reallocated to me instead?!?!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmmm my handover date is theoretically 24th February, I haven't heard anything from ctb yet, but it seems like delays are being communicated about 3 to 4 weeks before expected delivery? So in about a fortnight.
I was hoping to put it off to early march, but looking at the above it might take even longer.
Good luck with your orders all!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also ordered on 2nd August ( 64 Premium SE pulse Red 2 tone ) with a handover date of 17th January. I got the dreaded email on 13th December delaying delivery by 4 to 6 weeks. I spoke to CTB last Friday and they confirmed that the car would arrive 27th Jan and be available mid Feb. I asked for and got a verbal agreement for handover on Friday 1st March. They said that I would get an email this week with details and confirmation. Holding my breath!

P.S looks like my car is on the Morning Lady, currently docked in Turkey offloading cars on route to Tilbury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you are hoping for a 19 plate I would get that confirmed. It may be being pre-registered as 68 and just being handed over on the 1st March.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had exactly the same conversation, my dealer said they’d not have a problem with a 4th March collection but click to buy said it’d be mid March. I’m just going to wait and see as I’ve waited this long.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 64kW Premium Nav 2019
390 Posts
Curious. Do C2B register the car, or the dealer?
Obviously for 'normal' (ICE) cars, it's the dealer...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Yep, they're centrally registered. The dealer simply does the hand-over and confirms the trade-in.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Because it'll be worth more when you sell it? Not everyone wants a pretentious private plate. Waiting a couple of weeks could add hundreds to the value of it when you come to sell it.

·
Registered
Account Abandoned
2,535 Posts
Because it'll be worth more when you sell it? Not everyone wants a pretentious private plate. Waiting a couple of weeks could add hundreds to the value of it when you come to sell it.
Exactly.

Look at at the 10 press cars that Hyundai have, they were registered in the last couple of days of Aug so are on 18 plates (as they had an event planned for the last day of August they were being used for)

Where all those for the public were left till 1st Sept so they are on 68s

They will be seen as being a whole registration session earlier than the public ones (and devalued to match). Despite being built at the same time as the public ones and only registered 2 or 3 days before those sold direct to the public

Saying that it’s good way to make sure you avoid one when they are sold second hand, who wants a car misused by the motoring press (worse than a daily rental)!!!

·
Kona Owner
130 Posts
Interesting! My dealer knew I had a private plate I wanted to use and my car was first registered with my plate.
It's all about communication between you and your dealer perhaps.
There was no extra cost. I already owned the plate on retention.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts