Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
MG5
I was under the impression that the price per Kw of the charger used is the set by the provider and is the same across the country.
Can you give an example please and how would you collate the information for users to look up charges on their route?

Registered
I was under the impression that the price per Kw of the charger used is the set by the provider and is the same across the country.
Can you give an example please and how would you collate the information for users to look up charges on their route?
That was my understanding too. It doesn't vary with location was petrol/diesel does.

Registered
That was my understanding too. It doesn't vary with location was petrol/diesel does.
Certain networks like GeniePoint and Electric Blue have variable rates that depend on where you are. Prices may be higher or lower regionally. Similarly, the networks that simply control billing but are owned by the 'hosts' (CYC, Chargeplace Scotland, VendElectric etc.) have different prices that vary hugely depending upon who owns them. You can get a totally free CYC charger across the road from one that wants 35p/kWh.

Final example is Pod Point. Not so much regional variation as it is brand variation. You'll pay a different price to charge at a Pod Point at Tesco vs Pod Point at Lidl for example.

Registered
If you're after price data, then Openchargemap has an open-licenced data available, and has reasonably accurate pricing for the UK.
Zap-Map has fairly accurate pricing as well, but they don't let you export the data.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
I am not price sensitive when it comes to chargers, other than avoiding Ionity's stupid pricing. I am more reliability sensitive. If I am en route requiring a charge and my local options are a 40p Instavolt or a variable, maybe cheaper GeniePoint, I am heading for the Instavolt, every time. So makes no odds to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts