Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Soul delivered yesterday has home centre screen in 3 columns and no sign of purple. Am I right in thinking they didn't update to latest SW and If so, am I missing anything important?
Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Definitely not the latest software. I insisted ours was updated before delivery, especialy if they wanted a 5* review on the Kia customer survey. It should not be a problem for them as updates are free from Kia and you only have to pay the dealers fee for the install. Obviously on a new car, it should be free as part of the PDI.

From what I have read, there are pros and cons with the software versions. I wanted the update because I did not want to have t familiarise myself with the old version, then have to do it again with the new version.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone tell me what is the version of the latest software. Am waiting delivery of a demo model and want to ensure it’s updated with latest version before it comes out to me.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,178 Posts
Does the sidebar get added automatically or is there a setting? Mine just has the Android Auto logo and phone model name.
You will have the 3 widget version I expect. Just needs to be updated. Dealer can do this or I believe you can if you are brave.

·
Registered
e-Niro 4+
130 Posts
Just upgraded to the latest software I could find SK3_E.EUR.SSW_L.001.001.210817 (previous SK3_E.EUR.SSW_L.001.001.200932)

Can't see how to show widgets on the right side instead of the Android Auto logo?

Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car Vehicle audio Flat panel display

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,866 Posts
@Todor Great, all working now, thanks for your help.

Actually on mine it is under Phone Projection settings?
That was what I remembered too, under Projection or some sort. But my car finished charging, so I went out to disconnect it, and snapped a couple of photos... and the setting was under Phone Connection. :unsure:

Aaaa, my Soul is on a March firmware, little older than yours.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,178 Posts
What is the big difference with the new version. Do I take it that the screen is now split in half as opposed to thirds.
As per above photos it is 2/3 1/3.
Product Plant Vehicle Aircraft Gadget

1 - 14 of 14 Posts