Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
MG closed today, it says on website. Was it your dealer who contacted you, I wonder?

And, when did you put down the deposit?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yes it was dealer who said they had been notified by MG. Placed order 1st July.
Hi @rogerdee So, just to clarify my understanding please.
Am I correct in saying that MG are ready to deliver the second wave of 700 pre-ordered SZ EV's cars in November of this year ?.
You are 94rd on the list of the first 1,000 cars then.
The original order ( on-line or dealer direct ) was first placed on the 1st July 2019.
My order ( on-line ) was placed for a Dynamic Red / Exclusive on the 23rd July 2109.
I remember reading somewhere, that MG was committed to satisfying orders for the first 1,000 deposit holders by the end of 2019.
Is it safe to assume / wish that my car could well be in that same consignment as yours then ?.
MG head office must have matched the list of cars on the manifest, with the customers orders and sent a list of cars to dealers I guess ?.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Rgerdee....that’s what I thought.

I suspect(?) your number 92 of the second batch, delivery before end November. Well done, that’s good news, you now have a date.

For those of us (allegedly) in the first batch ( of 300 cars), we await what September news arrives next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Carty, the call I had from dealer only confirmed model/colour and delivery to me would be before the end of November and would I require finance. I don't know if I'm in the first 700 or second 700 but hope to find out more on Monday.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Hi Carty, the call I had from dealer only confirmed model/colour and delivery to me would be before the end of November and would I require finance. I don't know if I'm in the first 700 or second 700 but hope to find out more on Monday.
Thank you, please keep us updated !.
My feeling is your in the second batch of cars if it's a November delivery ??.
The first wave of cars are looking more like the end of September time.
James ( Of James & Kate on You Tube ) collects his car in the third week of September, so his car has to be part of the first batch of cars.
A large percentage of the first batch of cars are going out to dealers as "Demo's".
The dealers are expecting their "Demo" cars in the next two weeks is my understanding ?.
The second batch will be ALL customer orders I think.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I've heard over 50% off people have chosen blue.
If MG haven't taken this into account IT COULD really push you back if you have blue.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've heard over 50% off people have chosen blue.
If MG haven't taken this into account IT COULD really push you back if you have blue.
I really do hope that people are aware that the VERY popular dark "Lazer" blue colour on the ICE cars, is NOT available on the SZ EV model !.
I have to admit, that I really do REALLY like the dark "Laser" blue colour and his would have been my first choice of colour if available, but sadly it is not to be !.
MG have made the decision that the new individual blue launch colour for the SZ EV should be a much lighter shade of blue called :- "Pimlico Blue".
Is this blue colour a slant towards it's electric Eco credential's, who know's.
It is a bit of a Marmite colour really, you either love it or hate it.
The jury is out on this colour until I see it for real.
Too bad anyway, as I have gone for Dynamic red now on my order.
Why because at least this is a current colour used on the SZ ICE models, so I was able to see this colour in the flesh at the dealership prior to ordering.
Playing safe really !.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
So the wife has popped in and given it the thumbs up. (the kids are out growing the Ampera)
She likes red but already a few grand over budget. So white it is.
Dealer was utterly packed, but I guess if its new plate week that explains it.
Got my ev number now. Its in the 700s, if I choose white sounds like I may get mine this delivery?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
So the wife has popped in and given it the thumbs up. (the kids are out growing the Ampera)
She likes red but already a few grand over budget. So white it is.
Dealer was utterly packed, but I guess if its new plate week that explains it.
Got my ev number now. Its in the 700s, if I choose white sounds like I may get mine this delivery?
How and when did you get to find out your number may I ask ?.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
They rang me, told me my dealer ( both nearest by travel and as the crow so no problem there).
Said I had to let them know my choices and the dealer would take it from there.

However I did ring them up ealier(on the number somewhere in this forum) as I never recieved my reference number.

When I went in I didn't let on I was on the list, I assume If they think I'm undecided, I may a bit more service. (also Ive not totally decided on my choices anyway)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Whatever I may have said about the eZS in the past, at least MG actually communicates with their potential customers and reservation holders.....Unlike Peugeot.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My local MG dealer informed me that he expects his demonstrator on 23 September. Cars in the first 1,000 with deposit taken around 26 July not due to be delivered until first week of Feb 2020

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Wow ......... Feb 2020 for orders placed around 26th July ?????.
Please correct me if I am wrong here members ( and I am sure that somebody will be along shortly to put me right ) but am I totally misguided in my thought process regarding the above post ??.
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but was there a TINY consensus that there was to be a second consignment of customers cars due into the UK around sometime in Nov 2019 ??.
Yes - No ????.
Also, when considering this date in Feb 2020 I am slightly confused by the statements that have been written by the motoring press regarding MG's response to their commitment to the early adopters / first 1,000 customer that placing a £500 deposit of interest.
MG has been reported as saying, that in return for the positive response the ZS EV has received by it's new customer's, it would in ensure that deliveries to these first 1,000 loyal customer's, would be satisfied before the end of 2019 ?????.
Are we to understand / guess that this date in Feb 2020 COULD just be a THIRD consignment of cars then ?.
If this was the case, then I could well see this date in Feb 2020 aligning with the SECOND wave of 1,000 customers that placed a deposit when MG made the decision to extended the offer after the book was closed ( all be it for a very short time ) on the original 1,000 deposit holders.
MG have their customers "Helplessly feeling around in the dark" for information regarding their pending orders.
All this "Smoke and mirror" tactic's does not bode well for a good customer service relationship, they really should be at lot more open and honest dialog on their side of things.
Deposit holders current vehicles could be either attached to a PCP / lease contract that is could be approaching the end of its term ?.
They really do need some type of indication of when their new car are arriving here.
Notice will have to be given, or even paying to extend the term of the agreement / lease ( if this is even possible ).
Cash sale owners need notice to arrange for the sale of their present cars and get real time valuations if selling privately.
They could have a large percentage of the cost of the new car, sitting in their present vehicle ?.
There could be serious financial cost implications for customers who have their deliveries subjected to a long delay.
Planning becomes pretty much impossible when you have no date line to work with folks.
I guess we have just wait for the phone to ring, then maybe we can only start the process from that date in time, when ever that is !.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Carty- I can only report what I have been told. The car is definitely in the first 1,000 (but one of the last few orders) and the dealer has said it is expected at the beginning of Feb 2020, although could be earlier.
Yes it does put you in the same position with MG as Kia, Hyundai, Tesla etc where there are long periods between ordering and receiving the car. And yes it makes planning a nightmare.
I am picking up my Kia e-Niro today having waited since January for it; had my home charger fitted a month or so ago and sold my current car just over a week ago.
It would be great to turn up at a dealer, order a car and part exchange and complete within a matter of days or weeks. But that is not going to happen for for some time as manufacturers for whatever reason struggle to meet demand.
In the case of MG there may be more cancellations from the first 1,000 once people test drive or don’t get satisfactory answers about the car (not going to list them as various threads set them out). Alternatively, demand might increase as people get to see and drive the car.

To quote Rumsfeld stated: Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

The above famous quote just about sums up most comments on this site or from dealers or manufacturers “I know nothing”!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Carty- I can only report what I have been told. The car is definitely in the first 1,000 (but one of the last few orders) and the dealer has said it is expected at the beginning of Feb 2020, although could be earlier.
Yes it does put you in the same position with MG as Kia, Hyundai, Tesla etc where there are long periods between ordering and receiving the car. And yes it makes planning a nightmare.
I am picking up my Kia e-Niro today having waited since January for it; had my home charger fitted a month or so ago and sold my current car just over a week ago.
It would be great to turn up at a dealer, order a car and part exchange and complete within a matter of days or weeks. But that is not going to happen for for some time as manufacturers for whatever reason struggle to meet demand.
In the case of MG there may be more cancellations from the first 1,000 once people test drive or don’t get satisfactory answers about the car (not going to list them as various threads set them out). Alternatively, demand might increase as people get to see and drive the car.

To quote Rumsfeld stated: Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

The above famous quote just about sums up most comments on this site or from dealers or manufacturers “I know nothing”!
Hi @StEVG Please don’t think I am having a direct “Pop” at posting the info that you have been given !.
We are suffering from “Mushroom” syndrome when trying to purchase electric cars.
I should be this hard to buy a car surly !.
If the manufacturers displayed the same dedication to providing these cars as the customers who are willing to order them, we would all be a little happier !.
Enjoy the collection of your new car today !.
I guess some folks do a better job of waiting than others.
Like a lot of people really, I can live with the wait as long as I had some better indication as the time frame involved !.
Enjoy !

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The car hasn't been launched yet.
Next/this week dealers get the first REAL cars.

Pre orders?
No q refund?
Early adopter discounts?

Tesla has spoilt you guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts