Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you out there who have ordered a Niro EV through a leasing company after Kia opened up their ordering system to fleet car buyers in early July, you might be interested to know that the first cars are now well on their way to the UK. We ordered ours as soon as we could, through the salary sacrifice scheme operated by my partner's employer through Leaseplan. Our order was approved by Leaseplan around 18th July, and confirmed by the supplying Kia dealer on 29th July. The supplying Kia dealer contacted us last week to confirm that they expect to have the car for us in mid- to late-November. I asked them to provide the screenshot of the shipping details, and they came back with the following. It's great to see that it already shipped on 31st August. I'm not sure which ship it's on. But with an estimated Arrival Date in the UK of 31st October (ie. 8 weeks shipping time), I assume it must be one of the slower Glovis ships which stops off in lots of places on the way. The Niro EV model which we ordered is the 4 spec, in interstellar grey, and including the optional heat pump.

Product Font Material property Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, that's good to know. I have also placed order on 6th July. Factory ordered by Kia dealer on 21st July. But, still no build date or shipping date. It just shows in my salary sacrifice account as Late November. I have ordered 4 variant, white with grey c pillar.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m not sure which ship it actually arrived on, but my new Niro EV lease car through LeasePlan in “4” trim with heat pump and interstellar grey paint did indeed arrive yesterday at the dealer’s, very much in line with the shipping details which I received back in September. Overall, I’m pretty pleased with the lead time for the delivery, as the order was only confirmed by the supplying dealer at the end of July. I’m not sure whether the car I’m getting really was built to order for me, or whether I just got lucky and got a car which somebody else had ordered and then cancelled.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m due to take delivery of my new Niro EV next Wednesday. The car has already been at the supplying dealer for 10 days. Yesterday the lease company called us to say that they need to increase the monthly lease cost, because Kia increased the price by £500 and there was no price protection for any cars ordered on or after 15th June.

The lease company said that they weren’t applying any increase due to the increase in interest rates, only the increase in the basic car price. But the first revised quote came back with an increase of £34.73 in the gross monthly cost. I pointed out to them that over a 48-month lease, that equates to an additional £1,667, for a £500 increase in the cost of the car, and I said that this was not acceptable. In the end, after long discussions, I got them to agree to an increase of just over £10 per month in the net (after tax) cost, which strangely was only £3 per month in the gross cost, due to changes in National Insurance calculations etc.

Based on the latest list prices AND interest rates, the monthly cost as shown on the LeasePlan website shows an increase in the gross monthly cost of nearly £80 PER MONTH, compared to when I placed my order in mid-July, for exactly the same spec car, same contract term and same annual mileage. That’s £3,840 extra, over a 4-year lease period !! The recent hike in interest rates seems to be already having a significant impact on car lease costs!

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV 3 Orange Flame
22 Posts
I’m due to take delivery of my new Niro EV next Wednesday. The car has already been at the supplying dealer for 10 days. Yesterday the lease company called us to say that they need to increase the monthly lease cost, because Kia increased the price by £500 and there was no price protection for any cars ordered on or after 15th June.
Hi Mark, I received my Niro EV 3 with heat pump on the 14th November which is leased from LexAutoLease via Gridserve. I had a call from Gridserve 2 weeks before delivery to say the same that the price had gone up, however because the residual price had also increased they would not be increasing the monthly cost.

As you state £10 extra per month is not a huge jump compared to the new lease cost increases, though I guess that is for a car 3-6 months away, but I thought I would share my experience if it helps anyone.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24 and various old ICE
11,296 Posts
They are taking the mick. The leasing contracts being offered at the sign up stage seem incredibly one sided. If interest rates had dropped, residuals risen, or the price of the vehicle reduced would they have given you a lower rate?

Reactions: jimbaxter

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did indeed receive my new Niro EV in 4 trim this morning, as planned. After I had originally ordered it, I was told that the Harman Kardon premium sound system had been removed. But when I checked my new car today, I noticed that there is a Harman Kardon logo on the speakers on the driver and front passenger door. Does this mean that I do in fact have the premium audio system? How can I tell? If I do indeed have the premium audio system, I guess it means that I must have received a car which had already been
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car

built and was originally destined for somebody else who then cancelled their order

·
Registered
Niro EV '4' 2022+
1,245 Posts
After I had originally ordered it, I was told that the Harman Kardon premium sound system had been removed. But when I checked my new car today, I noticed that there is a Harman Kardon logo on the speakers on the driver and front passenger door. Does this mean that I do in fact have the premium audio system?
Yes, you do indeed have it.

What was the date of your order? (I see above that LeasePlan approved your order on 18th July, but when did you actually submit the order to them..? )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I placed my order online on my partner’s company’s Leaseplan portal on 18th July, and it was approved that same day. If I remember correctly, I think that was the first day that Kia had opened up their order system to lease car companies. It then took a further 10 days (on 28th July) for the order to be assigned to a delivering dealer, and for that dealer to contact us to check that we were agreement on the exact spec. It was in that same email on 28th July that the dealer told us that the Harman Kardon premium sound system had been removed from the spec “as per factory advisement on the 8th July”. So I guess I must have just got lucky, and managed to get a car which was originally destined for somebody else who cancelled their order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts