Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Not as yet, we were talking about possible delays being improbable but is it wishful thinking or perhaps keep the customer on a short leash so they don't buy an MG4?

My dealer is in Nottingham so a quick trip to the docks isn't likely, is yours fairly close?

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
40 miles or so.
They could drive them back!
I hope mine is treated well, the company Vauxhall use made a real mess of my Mokka so I'm worried. That said the issues were compounded by dealer stupidness but I guess many of us have had bad experiences.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
LOL "they are now able to pick up the car from the docks themselves, circumventing additional delays."

Your dealer is taking bollocks, I've sold Renault since 2002, it's never been a thing.

Delivery to dealer dates are given, they are never 100%, the info given needs to be managed by the dealer, to the customer in an appropriate way, as I and my colleagues do....... we don't bullshit!
Christ all mighty!
I've heard the car was going up by an arm and a leg.
If they take bollox I'd be dealing with them entirely by phone!

Gaz (typo laming for once)

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Something odd happened.

No tracking works for me, it seems the app is supposed to update people too.
I really didn't want to log on but finally decided I should, gave it my VIN number, number (lolzzz).
Anyway my car build progress didn't come up but it did tell me my car was parked outside some posh apartments in Nottingham.

To take things further I couldn't get hold of my dealer so tried a chat session with Renault UK.
They said initially that all they could do was refer me to the app but would pass things up the chain since I'd already tried that.

I've now had notification that my car will reach the UK on the 25th all being well.
I'm less concerned about it being sat outside someone's gaff but now thinking about the horrors if the zebrugge ferry mishap although the ship will be somewhat larger with 1000's of other Renaults keeping it company.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Haha.

I rang my dealer today, because I too have downloaded the app (similar lack of info), my sales rep isn't in until tomorrow. I always seem to ring when they are off!!

My print out shows 25/11 - 2/12 arrival in the UK.

So here's Mr Wishful Thinking. Only 300 Limited Editions built for the UK, (Limited Editions built first) how many cars does the ship carry? Surely, they will all be on the same ship.
I do wonder about the 300, is it globally or just UK?
In any event, if they built them all and did them first then how come other people have taken delivery of different models before ours have even been shipped. I'm sure there is a bit of misinformation doing the rounds.
I was told the checks they do are pretty exhaustive before they then allow them to trundle off to the dealer so a delay of 12 days I think was mentioned.

I was asked if I was going to drive round as soon as I got the car, showing it off. I think they were taken back when I said drive it to my house to load up all the crap I would have unloaded from my old car.

I might take a picture before it gets smothered in filth though.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Another bunch out there is nowhere near the mickey taking stunt Vauxhall pulled.
Launch edition, bits no other model will have, will hold its price as it should be sought after.
Blah.
6 months later the Ultimate version gets the go ahead with exactly the same spec!
Wider choice of colours. Cheaper too.
My next comment needs to be asterisksed to buggery.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Moot in all honesty.

If you can't afford a monkey then you can't afford 40 bags of sand.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
First delay...

"We can now see that it is loaded on the transport ship, which is due to arrive at our import centre on Sunday 27/11, it will be offloaded on Monday 28/11, will then undergo the quality and other checks that are needed before it can be put on a transporter to be delivered to the dealer by 12/12"

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Do you know which port it is going to?
Hopefully one in the UK, I thought they were only going to one place though.
I heard there are more hitting our shores on 6th Dec so must be about to see loads knocking around within the next couple of months.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
My dealer has told me it will come off the boat at Portbury. Bristol. Pretty massive set up down there.

I'm getting no updates from my dealer despite one of the staff there saying their system should be able to give accurate tracking.

I would like an accurate forecast, due to deciding exactly when to release my current car.

As my dealer is happy to provide me with one of their cars, l contacted my insurance company. They say, if the gap between selling my car and getting my new car is 7 days or less, then there's no issue (other than the fact I have to tell them it is sold, just in case someone else has a RTA of commits a road traffic offence). If it's longer, I will have to terminate my policy and then, request a new Insurance quote for the new car when it arrives (the assumption is they provide me with NCB details). However, If I sell my car after the 6th Dec, they will give me 14 day grace, (this is because I will have owned my current car for over 1 year.

Why is everything so difficult?
I had a look to see if I could sell the mokka but it didn't go well.
Might have been able to make an extra 3k and buy a short term runaround for under 2k and keep my policy going.
Turns out the offers were well under the estimate so dealer can have the car.
I think most people wouldn't have bothered to tell insurance until they wanted to change the car to the new one but insurance companies require that they are kept 100% updated.
Tracking wise, what I found was signing into the app told me the car was parked outside some swish flats in Notts so I phoned Renault UK to find out ifvthey had a proper UK tracking page I could use and to mention the oddity in the app.
Next thing I got a call back from someone who is giving me and my dealer updates which are possibly a bit more realistic than others are getting.

Perhaps if you DM me with your VIN I could ask if your car is in the same shipment as mine then you'd have some confidence that yours should be ready at the same time as mine.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
The boat with my car on it should have docked Sunday.
Unfortunately there were too many boats in the way, dragging their heels offloading something of little interest to me. The swines.
Boat docked yesterday (Monday 28th Nov).
Hopefully things will progress at a reasonable rate now ocean going roadhogs are out of the picture.
Hopefully there will be some other people's Meganes on the same boat.

Gaz

Reactions: 208's Plenty

· Registered
4,643 Posts
"I have had confirmation that your MEGANE has been offloaded from the transport ship now. The transport to Bristol Street is estimated to be 14th December. I will however be keeping a close eye on it until it has left the import centre and is on the way."

A little bit of a slip here and there.
My last car was delayed several weeks because nobody could find a bit of wire

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Was the notification via Renault or your supplying dealer? Either way it sounds promising.

My last update was the Renault email saying car arriving soon. No dates.
Long story short;-
Signed into app to see if tracking worked but was told my car was parked up in Nottingham.
Dealer was busy so chatboxed Renault to see if they could fix it.
Wasn't happy with response so typed if they can't help me before I've bought the car then what hope is there once I have it, might as well cancel the order and wait for the AWD MG4.
They had a chap track down my phone number and call back, decent bloke and he is giving me updates by email almost as they happen.
That's why I said if you pm your vin to me I might be able to see if it's in the same shipment.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I don't think they guy has much to benefit from lying, I think it was on here where it was mentioned that the first boat with e techs landed on the 22nd.

Also seems to be some talk about vehicles being stuck at Bristol awaiting some additial options fitted.

Could be affecting all Launch Editions or just certain ones, but given that there's a fair amount of launch edition specific options for UK cars - Harmon kardon, digital mirror etc.

Just disappointing that the dealers seem to be a bit more uninvolved than most most would like given these are renaults flagship at the moment.
You beat me to posting the pic.
Certainly looks like a brummy street.
Maybe we should all pile over there and have a look.
It seems on the fb group some dealers are telling people the cars need a load of extras fitted when they arrive.
The guy whinging didnt pay for any extras and even so the few available would not take too long to fit.

The chap who has his, ordered in August.

Hopefully not too long to wait now.

Gaz

Reactions: 208's Plenty

· Registered
4,643 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Anyone with an LE have a collection date yet?
My dealer says it should arrive with them tomorrow but I'm waiting for them to do some stuff too plus I might want to see it before transferring any money to them, still don't trust that more things might be missing than has been discovered so far.
Renault still state the 14th though.

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I'm glad you are the Guinea Pig for us, as no one I know has yet seen the UK Launch Edition
If they truly do get the car in so soon I can't believe mine would be the first.
There are other forums but they seem a bit dead apart from a few of us posting in them too.
Would be really good to see a few pics and a rundown of what actually is included.

If I have to get the dealer on the phone maybe he can prove the rear view mirror cam thing is there and the dash top and the wooden bits, now it seems we'll have to park it ourselves, god forbid I have to start keeping in lane myself too... 🤥

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Must confesss I've never bought a new car before. How do people pay? By bank transfer? If so, at what point? ( With bank transfers I always like to do a transfer of just £1 first to any new account, so that I can check I have the correct bank details!)
Great that you are getting your car pierpoint. No definite word from my dealer yet, Renault saying 21st Dec.

I'm happy with the reg number for the car though - it has the initials of my missus!!
I'll have to ask if I get a choice.
When I bought the Qashqai they gave me a list of registrations to pick from.
Best I could get was my dad's initials.
For the Mokka I bought a plate that had my initials as I originally planned to keep the car for quite some time but thanks to the absolute tosspots at the dealership ruining things for me I just want shot of it now.
Might drive past them on the way back from the Renault dealer and give them the bird.
Unfortunately the plate wouldn't really suit "The Meg".

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
In the App there's no mention of Self Parking, but front and rear parking assist ( sensors I guess) are. Reversing camera? It does mention lane keeping.

I too really would have liked that Wood Finish on the door tops and fascia. I fear that's gone.

The one that I find annoying, probably because my Audi had it, raised floor panel in the boot, this was available when the cars were presented during the Launch Events. But if I'm not mistaken it now appears in the Accessories list. Argh.
It better still have the 360 camera system otherwise there is no point in paying the extra for the LE the main reasons I went for that version have been dissapearing at an alarming rate already.
I had to make a boot panel for the Mokka.
Vauxhall decided to give those to the skinflints that bought the cheap model.
When I bought another Mokka a few weeks back it had the panel but it wasn't worth the £350 they wanted to charge for one when I bought the Launch Edition.
Thinking about the Megane, the cable-well lid seems to be full width so making a panel as well as supports and retaining the well as storage space would need to be a 2 part thing.

What I've seen from Renault seems to be a high density foam divider with a flimsy cover so I'm not too sure how strong it might be.

Making something for the Mokka was easier as it already had the supports built in. No such supports in the Megane so making them too will be a PITA but I think it'll be badly needed.

Gaz

1 - 20 of 122 Posts