Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
My scheduled delivery/collection day is 15 December. Dealer confirmed today that is still the case as their system hasn't been updated.

However, because of transporter/driver shortages

Anyone else had their delivery updated or given a firm date yet?
LOL "they are now able to pick up the car from the docks themselves, circumventing additional delays."

Your dealer is taking bollocks, I've sold Renault since 2002, it's never been a thing.

Delivery to dealer dates are given, they are never 100%, the info given needs to be managed by the dealer, to the customer in an appropriate way, as I and my colleagues do....... we don't bullshit!

· Registered
266 Posts
"New zero emission cars registered on or after 1 April 2025 will therefore be liable for the expensive car supplement. The Expensive Car Supplement currently applies to cars with a list price exceeding £40,000 for 5 years"

So not back dating "The Expensive Car Supplement", it will be applied on electric cars registered from 1st April 2025.

· Registered
266 Posts

That is where my info came from, straight from the horses mouth, so to speak:

5.34 VED on Electric Vehicles (VED) - From April 2025, electric cars, vans and motorcycles will begin to pay VED in the same way as petrol and diesel vehicles. This will ensure that all road users begin to pay a fair tax contribution as the take up of electric vehicles continues to accelerate. The government will legislate for this measure in Autumn Finance Bill 2022. This means:
• new zero emission cars registered on or after 1 April 2025 will be liable to pay the lowest first year rate of VED (which applies to vehicles with CO2 emissions 1 to 50g/km) currently £10 a year. From the second year of registration onwards, they will move to the standard rate, currently £165 a year
• zero emission cars first registered between 1 April 2017 and 31 March 2025 will also pay the standard rate
the Expensive Car Supplement exemption for electric vehicles is due to end in 2025. New zero emission cars registered on or after 1 April 2025 will therefore be liable for the expensive car supplement. The Expensive Car Supplement currently applies to cars with a list price exceeding £40,000 for 5 years
• zero and low emission cars first registered between 1 March 2001 and 30 March 2017 currently in Band A will move to the Band B rate, currently £20 a year
• zero emission vans will move to the rate for petrol and diesel light goods vehicles, currently £290 a year for most vans
• zero emission motorcycles and tricycles will move to the rate for the smallest engine size, currently £22 a year • rates for Alternative Fuel Vehicles and hybrids will also be equalised

· Registered
266 Posts
My dealer has told me it will come off the boat at Portbury. Bristol. Pretty massive set up down there.

I'm getting no updates from my dealer despite one of the staff there saying their system should be able to give accurate tracking.

I would like an accurate forecast, due to deciding exactly when to release my current car.

As my dealer is happy to provide me with one of their cars, l contacted my insurance company. They say, if the gap between selling my car and getting my new car is 7 days or less, then there's no issue (other than the fact I have to tell them it is sold, just in case someone else has a RTA of commits a road traffic offence). If it's longer, I will have to terminate my policy and then, request a new Insurance quote for the new car when it arrives (the assumption is they provide me with NCB details). However, If I sell my car after the 6th Dec, they will give me 14 day grace, (this is because I will have owned my current car for over 1 year.

Why is everything so difficult?
It is impossible to give accurate delivery info, there will an approx week window of when it will be arriving into the docks and once arrived the arrival to dealer dates given cannot be relied upon 100%.

· Registered
266 Posts
My Registration Document showed up today, wasn't expecting that. Plus an email from Renault saying car should be at the dealres on 20 December, not 16th!
Strange that your car is registered already, All Megane E-Tech orders that are in the UK are to be registered by the end of 2022, regardless if they are at the dealer or not, however to register this early in the month seems strange, why not wait to register it when you have collected it as you will be in the car by the end of the year if it does arrive at your dealer by the 20th.

· Registered
266 Posts
Meanwhile, I rang my dealer after lunch. My sales executive is off again today.

How would that have panned out when today was meant to be my collection day.

Just frustrated, so much for the Priority List.
Agree with the Priority List comment, I have a Launch Edition on order for a Priority List customer, which isn't now due until the 23rd!!

· Registered
266 Posts
Well maybe you could clarify something. The internet and forums can be both a useful and a bad place to be, as information offered up can be conflicting.

The story about the Port closing next week is "out there". Does this impact on the centre where they are processing new Renaults ( I was told they do things like Install/update the cars software, reducing the stress on the dealsrs), or is it separate from the Port?

In the absence of having a conversation with my sales exec, I just wondered if there would be any effect on through put.
I know nothing of the port closing, I guess it will be closing for Christmas as will the import centre but TBH I don't know for how long for both, I should imagine the port closing will have an impact on the import centre as in they won't be getting any more deliveries but I cannot see it having an impact on cars already imported, as the port and the import centre are 2 different entities.

Usually all software updates, re-calls etc are done at the import centre prior to cars arriving at dealers but as far as I am aware, beyond the usual checks done on cars prior to arrival at the dealer, there are no extra updates or re-calls due on Megane E-Tech, there are driver shortages though, hence why there are delays in cars arriving at dealers, Dacia are in a worse position though as Renault deliveries are being prioritised over Dacia.

· Registered
266 Posts
That's a bit stingy. £6 for 3Gb.
The guy who came round to us last week to finalise a few bits about Megane handovers and test drive requirements, stated it wasn't worth doing and to use your phone data, most have unlimited or at least a very high data allowance, we haven't set up Orange on our demo and everything works fine through our phones.

· Registered
266 Posts
Went to fiddle with car.
Found out how to make the wingmirrors adjust for reversing.
Only one at a time which might be a bit silly but you have to select reverse and which mirror you want to dip by selecting it on the door control.

I also noticed an annoying airbag light on the roof mounted whawhah panel.
It didn’t seem to go off like the manual says so figured someone must have turned the knob to disable the passenger airbag for a baby seat.
I had the impression from the manual that it was at the side of the dash on either the driver or passengers side but both side just have blanks. Is that right? Where is it?

Gaz
There is some detection thing in the passenger seat which turns the passenger airbag on or off depending on if there is anyone in the seat or not.

· Registered
266 Posts
Took me a while to figure this out as well. Never had this in any other car, not sure why they want to disable it, and what if you put a baby seat there (could be a weight limit though, so only bigger passengers will trigger it or something).
I've heard of it with other marques; certainly a first for Renault though, to me it just seems like unnecessary complexity, what's wrong with just having an on/off switch!

· Registered
266 Posts
Oh well, the car will get rejected anyway if they can't resolve the stupid warranty period issue.

Gaz
Your car will have a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty, weirdly the print off that the dealer does which shows, the servicing schedule and warranty period has always shown a 3 year/60,000 mile warranty period, there will also be warranty and RAC cover information which will state a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty, this can also be downloaded and printed off from the Renault UK website.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts