Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 475 Posts

· Registered
Megane Etech techno
71 Posts
I hope the dealer is correct with his delivery date, I got in touch last week for the first time, as I saw an online advert, he told me he could get me a car in a month so I ordered it. He had a few equilibres, technos and a couple of LE's (several colours). He also gave me a £600 dealer deposit contribution, which obviously went a bit of a way in cancelling our the recent price rise.
Paid my deposit and got a vin number there and then, stuck it in the app and it shows the car, happy days, hopefully.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
The boat with my car on it should have docked Sunday.
Unfortunately there were too many boats in the way, dragging their heels offloading something of little interest to me. The swines.
Boat docked yesterday (Monday 28th Nov).
Hopefully things will progress at a reasonable rate now ocean going roadhogs are out of the picture.
Hopefully there will be some other people's Meganes on the same boat.

Gaz

Reactions: 208's Plenty

· Registered
4,643 Posts
"I have had confirmation that your MEGANE has been offloaded from the transport ship now. The transport to Bristol Street is estimated to be 14th December. I will however be keeping a close eye on it until it has left the import centre and is on the way."

A little bit of a slip here and there.
My last car was delayed several weeks because nobody could find a bit of wire

Gaz

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Was the notification via Renault or your supplying dealer? Either way it sounds promising.

My last update was the Renault email saying car arriving soon. No dates.
Long story short;-
Signed into app to see if tracking worked but was told my car was parked up in Nottingham.
Dealer was busy so chatboxed Renault to see if they could fix it.
Wasn't happy with response so typed if they can't help me before I've bought the car then what hope is there once I have it, might as well cancel the order and wait for the AWD MG4.
They had a chap track down my phone number and call back, decent bloke and he is giving me updates by email almost as they happen.
That's why I said if you pm your vin to me I might be able to see if it's in the same shipment.

Gaz

· Registered
74 Posts
My dealer said 'no confirmed date but showing as arriving with us (deaership) 2nd week of December'.
(For some reason the renault tracker page (french or german) doesnt load for me any more - I was hoping to see 4th green tick today!)

· Registered
21 Posts
Would be interesting to know the shipment date of those that have had cars hit the docks, so the rest of us can hope or wallow in despair...

Apart from telling me that there was a car available to test drive, I've not really had any notification from my dealer at any point.

1. trackingHistory: [{eventType: "ORDERED", eventDate: "2022-10-21"},…]
    1. 0: {eventType: "ORDERED", eventDate: "2022-10-21"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-10-21"
      2. eventType: "ORDERED"
    2. 1: {eventType: "FLEXIBILITY_END", eventDate: "2022-10-28"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-10-28"
      2. eventType: "FLEXIBILITY_END"
    3. 2: {eventType: "MANUFACTURING", eventDate: "2022-11-15"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-11-15"
      2. eventType: "MANUFACTURING"
    4. 3: {eventType: "SHIPMENT", eventDate: "2022-11-17"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-11-17"
      2. eventType: "SHIPMENT"
  2. trackingMaxForecastedDeliveryDate: "2022-12-12"
  3. trackingMinForecastedDeliveryDate: "2022-12-03"

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I'm not on Facebook, but my son is. Via that medium, there's evidence that a boat has docked, many Megane's have been unloaded and are going through their vehicles checks, with batches of cars already delivered to Dealers. So, it will be interesting to hear who gets the call first on here.

It's also worth noting that a customer who just rocked up at a Dealer on spec and discovered there were stock Megane's on their way, could be in their car before a Priority Customer. The same happened with the Cupra Born. Strange times.

· Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Would be interesting to know the shipment date of those that have had cars hit the docks, so the rest of us can hope or wallow in despair...

Apart from telling me that there was a car available to test drive, I've not really had any notification from my dealer at any point.

1. trackingHistory: [{eventType: "ORDERED", eventDate: "2022-10-21"},…]
    1. 0: {eventType: "ORDERED", eventDate: "2022-10-21"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-10-21"
      2. eventType: "ORDERED"
    2. 1: {eventType: "FLEXIBILITY_END", eventDate: "2022-10-28"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-10-28"
      2. eventType: "FLEXIBILITY_END"
    3. 2: {eventType: "MANUFACTURING", eventDate: "2022-11-15"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-11-15"
      2. eventType: "MANUFACTURING"
    4. 3: {eventType: "SHIPMENT", eventDate: "2022-11-17"}
      1. eventDate: "2022-11-17"
      2. eventType: "SHIPMENT"
  2. trackingMaxForecastedDeliveryDate: "2022-12-12"
  3. trackingMinForecastedDeliveryDate: "2022-12-03"
My dealer print out reads very similar. My max end date is 15/12.

41 - 60 of 475 Posts