Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I was to order an ID3 Tour Pro S, what would be your guestimate on the expected delivery date/month?For those that have purchased the ID3, have you any regrets and do you think the problems that some people have had are diminishing with the newer builds?
From someone who is stuck in no man's land between which EV to get.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,651 Posts
If I was to order an ID3 Tour Pro S, what would be your guestimate on the expected delivery date/month?For those that have purchased the ID3, have you any regrets and do you think the problems that some people have had are diminishing with the newer builds?
From someone who is stuck in no man's land between which EV to get.
Any idea around delivery times would be guesswork really, and would depend on any options or cars scheduled to be built in RHD as non factory orders, if any.

There’s a regrets and concerns thread already, but it’s mainly software related issues concerning people, which should be fixed properly in the next couple of months.

Whilst the people sharing their experiences on here are not the totality of existing ID.3 owners, so bear that in mind, it does appear that the later the software build the fewer potential issues you may have.

My 1st Edition is on the earliest 0564 software, and despite occasional software glitches, it’s still a perfectly useable and reliable electric vehicle.

I’d say it’s the first car I’ve owned that feels more like an appliance you use than a car that you drive, but that’s the way things seem to be going. It should only get better as the software gets rolled out and even updated further down the line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea around delivery times would be guesswork really, and would depend on any options or cars scheduled to be built in RHD as non factory orders, if any.

There’s a regrets and concerns thread already, but it’s mainly software related issues concerning people, which should be fixed properly in the next couple of months.

Whilst the people sharing their experiences on here are not the totality of existing ID.3 owners, so bear that in mind, it does appear that the later the software build the fewer potential issues you may have.

My 1st Edition is on the earliest 0564 software, and despite occasional software glitches, it’s still a perfectly useable and reliable electric vehicle.

I’d say it’s the first car I’ve owned that feels more like an appliance you use than a car that you drive, but that’s the way things seem to be going. It should only get better as the software gets rolled out and even updated further down the line.
Thanks for the quick response.The only options I would get would be the heat pump and carpet mats.Carwow gave me a great deal,hence my dithering on what car to get.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.The only options I would get would be the heat pump and carpet mats.Carwow gave me a great deal,hence my dithering on what car to get.
I think a couple on here have ordered series models, seemed to be a 3 month lead time if I remember correctly.

With new VWs, I tend to buy them once they're in build or on the boat, but then I’m usually not fussy about spec. I would think just a heat pump as the only option wouldn’t be too difficult to fulfil.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
612 Posts
That’s the same spec as what we have just ordered, the dealer (through DtD... who for us was £1k cheaper than carwow) has told us it is a 14 - 16 week lead time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s the same spec as what we have just ordered, the dealer (through DtD... who for us was £1k cheaper than carwow) has told us it is a 14 - 16 week lead time.
Thanks for that. Sounds like you got a great deal.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
612 Posts
Thanks for that. Sounds like you got a great deal.
We are happy with it:
ID.3 Tour (82 kWh), heat pump, mats, Makena Turquoise, granny charger (FOC).
£36,688.

Carwow came in at:
£37,898, according to them (and VW / other owners) this did not include the granny charger which is an additional £180.

Bear in mind our order went in on 30/12/20, so with last years deals, this may well be different now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are happy with it:
£36,688.

Carwow came in at:
£37,898, according to them (and VW / other owners) this did not include the granny charger which is an additional £180.

Bear in mind our order went in on 30/12/20, so with last years deals, this may well be different now.
My price was £37240 without the free granny charger.But it did stipulate on all the quotes,that a quarterly price update is due soon,which could increase the prices.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We are happy with it:
£36,688.

Carwow came in at:

Other than the colour - I went for Stonewashed Blue - that’s exactly what I’ve ordered for £36,581.

I had similar prices to you via CarWow (as well as a lot with no discount beyond the PCP and PICG ones), DtD were at least £1000 cheaper. Other than having to chase the dealer to get answers it’s all been good so far.

I ordered on 26/11 and was given a similar lead time of 12-14 weeks. Right from then it’s had a provisional build week of Week 4, that should be confirmed very soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My price was £37240 without the free granny charger.But it did stipulate on all the quotes,that a quarterly price update is due soon,which could increase the prices.
The PCP contribution was £2500 and is now £1750, so that would explain the price difference. On the plus side, if you’re not immediately paying off the finance, the interest rate is now 4.9% rather than 5.7%.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The PCP contribution was £2500 and is now £1750, so that would explain the price difference. On the plus side, if you’re not immediately paying off the finance, the interest rate is now 4.9% rather than 5.7%.
So the quote I got via PCP would already include the 4.9% interest rate? How soon could you pay off the car?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,685 Posts
Excellent. Now I just need to make my mind up on what car to choose.
Do you really need a Tour? Are you regularly doing trips over 250 miles when you can’t stop?
if you think you are somehow future proofing your car you are mistaken, as any EV you buy will be hopelessly out of date in a few years.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
612 Posts
Do you really need a Tour? Are you regularly doing trips over 250 miles when you can’t stop?
if you think you are somehow future proofing your car you are mistaken, as any EV you buy will be hopelessly out of date in a few years.
Driven like a ICE car in the winter (heater on a comfortable 21+° & at the NSL) I estimate the Tour will be closer to 200 miles real range.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
176 Posts
Yep, Tour is about completely sensible range no matter the weather. Also, it's a nice spec, and comparable in price to many other of the high spec options.

We have a lease order going in and were quoted 14 weeks approximately. Which makes sense as the last Tour orders I saw quoted on here were getting booked in for January manufacture. So I imagine new bookings not soon after that then delivered in March/April...

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
So the quote I got via PCP would already include the 4.9% interest rate? How soon could you pay off the car?
If you decide to take out a PCP, note the interest payments start from day 1, so if you wait a week before getting a quote, they'll still add that 7 days interest to your repayment. The quote is valid for 30 days, so best thing is get the quote the same/next day after it begins, which stops the interest increments accumulating over the next 29 days.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Future proofing in this context can only be to offset battery degradation. In the end, it is an electric car and if you want to extend its life and intend to own it for a long time then the larger battery will be an advantage.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Driven like a ICE car in the winter (heater on a comfortable 21+° & at the NSL) I estimate the Tour will be closer to 200 miles real range.
It’ll be well over that, I get an easy 190 mile range in cold temps with the 58kWh battery, heat on and driven as you describe.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
612 Posts
I hope you are right, but I then I also would have hoped for more than 100 miles out of the 40 kWh Leaf*.
It’ll be 12 months before we really know as by the time our Tour arrives the temperature will be rising again.

We can live with a 200 mile range, which is why we chose the Tour over the Max.

* my wife doesn’t believe in a cold car, it is usually at least 23° in her car... with heated seats and steering wheel on!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts