Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a phone call from dealer that my car is ready for me to pick up.
I went with an exclusive in pimlico blue.
I placed my order 26th September so not to bad a wait.
I've also ordered a 10 meter type2 lead as I normally reverse into spaces £160 delivered from ev one stop.
Love reading everything on this forum and really looking forward to tomorrow ?.
Allen

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
OH NO, another one taking spaces in charging stations :p:p ? ?
Don't for get to update with the news on it :)

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Just had a phone call from dealer that my car is ready for me to pick up.
I went with an exclusive in pimlico blue.
I placed my order 26th September so not to bad a wait.
I've also ordered a 10 meter type2 lead as I normally reverse into spaces £160 delivered from ev one stop.
Love reading everything on this forum and really looking forward to tomorrow ?.
Allen
Hi @Allen78
Order my Red Exclusive on 23rd July 19 - collected it on the 6th Feb 2020.
Ask the dealer if the delayed charging update has been done !.
Unless you are charging on a single rate tariff or at work / public chargers in which case it does not matter.
Enjoy your car tomorrow !.
See how long it takes before you start turning off some of the "Bongs" :eek: .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi @Allen78
I've been lurking for a while but your post encouraged me to join the forum. First time I've joined one for over 20 years :)
I'm picking mine up in a couple of days (also ordered in September) so I'm pretty excited about it.
Just out of interest, what charger have you gone for? I've been reading a lot about the lack of in-built scheduled charging and wondered whether I should go with a smarter charger with scheduling (which should hopefully work now that the delayed charging problem has been supposedly fixed).
I've been holding off for so long I'll have to use the granny charger while I wait to get one installed!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH NO, another one taking spaces in charging stations :p:p ? ?
Don't for get to update with the news on it :)
Yup another one taking up the charging points in Norfolk :)
Yes i will do my best to keep some updates regarding the car getting excited now feel like a big kid ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi @Allen78
Order my Red Exclusive on 23rd July 19 - collected it on the 6th Feb 2020.
Ask the dealer if the delayed charging update has been done !.
Unless you are charging on a single rate tariff or at work / public chargers in which case it does not matter.
Enjoy your car tomorrow !.
See how long it takes before you start turning off some of the "Bongs" :eek: .
Hello Carty
Yes i will be asking that question although i am on a single rate with EDF some the timed charging will not be a problem to start with.
I've been reading plenty of your posts with interest and it's going to be interesting to see how many miles i can get between Kings Lynn and Peterborough seeing as its flat as a pancake over here compared to Wales.
Yup i'm looking forward to the bongs:):rolleyes:

Allen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @Allen78
I've been lurking for a while but your post encouraged me to join the forum. First time I've joined one for over 20 years :)
I'm picking mine up in a couple of days (also ordered in September) so I'm pretty excited about it.
Just out of interest, what charger have you gone for? I've been reading a lot about the lack of in-built scheduled charging and wondered whether I should go with a smarter charger with scheduling (which should hopefully work now that the delayed charging problem has been supposedly fixed).
I've been holding off for so long I'll have to use the granny charger while I wait to get one installed!
Hello
I'm like you do not normally join a forum but noticed how friendly everyone is on here so joined up.
I'm over excited about it probably won't sleep tonight ?
I have a standard Rolec wall charger just plugin and it charges. I currently have the ionic plugin and its been good as gold for a year and a bit so no issues with Rolec.
As for the smart charging i'm with EDF and as my current smart meter could not accept the electric go which was a dual rate, they put me on a special rate of 11pence per KW all day so i can charge when ever i want. They will upgrade my meter later this year so i will need some sort of timed charging as the other rate starts at 9pm for 8 pence per KW hope that all makes sense ?

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I have a standard Rolec wall charger just plugin and it charges.
Hi Allen78
Another person moving over from a plugin hybrid to a full BEV.
Well done Al !.
Stick with the original Rolec "Dumb" wall box and get a timer control fitted, when you are ready to go for a cheaper "Off Peak" rate.
Of course the ZS EV needs the update done to facilitate this function.
I have been trying to get my EV installer to give me an estimate for the timer control all this week !.
A constant 11p / Kw is a reasonable rate, and it does offer you total control of when you want to charge I guess ?.
The Octopus Go night rate a 5p / Kw takes some beating though.
My wife had to attend court on behalf of her company in Kings Lynn a few years ago, it was a very scenic drive but a lot of steep up hill climbing ( not good for the range ).
But a lot of steep down hill sections, great for the regen !.
We did have a fossil at the time so non affected by either conditions.
Had a small trip out in our ZS EV today, bit of mixed road driving.
But I never get feed up of the feeling that electric propulsion provides.
Never get fed up of driving past my local petrol station either, love it !.
Almost 4 weeks and about 600 miles have quickly passed by in silence now, from taking delivery of our ZS EV.

PLEASE ENJOY !

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm making the hop from a gas-guzzling diesel to an EV so it'll be interesting how I cope! But my other car is a Pruis so I guess I'm not that terrible a person...
Thanks for your advice about chargers. I'm still on a flat rate so, I think I'll keep it simple for now and just get a new Rolec. Hopefully by the time I move onto a dual tariff (5p/kWh is bonkers cheap?!) both Rolec and MG will have completely solved whatever problems they have. In any case, whatever I choose it'll still be cheaper than diesel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm making the hop from a gas-guzzling diesel to an EV so it'll be interesting how I cope! But my other car is a Pruis so I guess I'm not that terrible a person...
Thanks for your advice about chargers. I'm still on a flat rate so, I think I'll keep it simple for now and just get a new Rolec. Hopefully by the time I move onto a dual tariff (5p/kWh is bonkers cheap?!) both Rolec and MG will have completely solved whatever problems they have. In any case, whatever I choose it'll still be cheaper than diesel.
Hi

I've done the same came from a diesel and went half way with ionic plugin and now full electric. Only went full electric as the wife has a petrol car so long distance driving will be with hers until i pluck the courage up to give my car a long drive.

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great news Allen! i pick up my pb exclusive tomorrow!!
Picked mine up at 1pm today only driven it back to work but had a huge smile on my face all the way.
Will have a longer drive when i finish today.
I will be covering around 16000 miles a year so looking forward to the savings. :).
Enjoy your car tomorrow and seeing the car in Pimlico Blue in the flesh it looks superb (although so does the red it was a touch decision:unsure:)

Cheers

Allen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok i have driven home and from 1st impression I'm over the moon with car, lovely drive and very comfortable. Left work with 158 on the clock covered 41.5 miles and got home with 125 left had it on eco and level 2 kers. Had the heater on a few times as well so very impressed ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts