Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new car 2 weeks ago, and have now found the tyre pressure info page, which I was surprised to see was showing 44-46 psi. So, I checked inside the door frame at the sticker and that says 36 psi. No wonder the car felt like it was on tip-toes and it had bad torque steer at full throttle.

So I put them down to 36 and will give it a test drive tomorrow.

So, if you have a new delivery. Check the pressures!

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
252 Posts
This is a common occurrence for cars arriving from Korea. Tyres are over-inflated for the voyage here to prevent flat spotting (or something), and often don’t get put back to the proper pressure at the port.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Definitely something the dealer who sells it should check
Yeah, as if ...

However, don't be surprised if you get a tire pressure warning that doesn't go away if you have it that low. If you do, increase the pressure to make the warning go away and then reduce it again.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,764 Posts
I have bad news for OP, the bad torque steer is not going away. It might get better with the lower tyre pressures, but not by much.

Also, give it a test drive. And then give it some extra air. I find 39psi (cold tyres) works best for comfort, noise and efficiency. Just to be clear, mine is a Soul EV, but pretty much the same car, different badge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts