Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Stonewashed Blue, Heatpump, Ankoya Alloys.
236 Posts
It depends how the car has been delivered to you. Some dealers will drive the car, others will transport it on a truck.It could be delivery miles with a couple of hundred on the clock depending where the car is coming from to you. If you are collecting the car, then I would expect only a handful of miles, in the teens.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It depends how the car has been delivered to you. Some dealers will drive the car, others will transport it on a truck.It could be delivery miles with a couple of hundred on the clock depending where the car is coming from to you. If you are collecting the car, then I would expect only a handful of miles, in the teens.
It would be collected from the dealer. Sheffield area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ours was on 21 miles I think when collected from the dealer (but it had been to another dealer in their network first; so probably got a few more on than you'd expect if gone straight from port to single dealer).

Reactions: digital

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
I collected my GTE with 0 miles on the clock. I vaguely remember reading that VW allows the odometer to be reset once if it has less than something like 100 miles on it, so I suspect the dealer reset it before I picked it up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I collected my GTE with 0 miles on the clock. I vaguely remember reading that VW allows the odometer to be reset once if it has less than something like 100 miles on it, so I suspect the dealer reset it before I picked it up.
That strikes me as being more than a little naughty.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you overestimate what car manufacturers and dealers think of owners ;)
No, I just beleve in honesty. If I was to arrange to reset the mileage and not reveal that I had done so I would leave myself open to be in a whole lot of trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts