Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Funny that all 16 plate used Soul demonstraters all for sale for sale £19, 995, and 64, 65 plate for sale at a£18, 995
Almost like kia have artiticially fixed the price...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
must be to do with book valuations that's all.
That would explain why there all similar prices, based on year/mileage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what it's worth. They may not accept it but compared to other options out there that's the price - £12k if they don't mind waiting.
Really !! ?? Have you seen one in person ? Have you driven one?
What are you basing your opinions on of price on ?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Really. Why do you think there have been ones on autotrader for sale for almost a year now (that I know of)? Look at the price of Leafs, Zoe's (ignoring the stupid battery rental ones), etc.
I'm basing my opinion on what is/isn't selling at what price. I like the Soul but when it's knocking on the money of an i3 or B-class electric it's a big ask.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but generally better spec than the i3's / leafs, and longer warranties, hence higher prices,
if there hanging around its because people are not spending the money like this on ev's yet.

+ if it is a demo car, there's no harm the dealership keeping hold of it either. its still being used.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yes because people are always drawn to a Kia over a BMW or a Merc aren't they?

EVs are selling at the price the market will stand. Kias are overpriced for the market at the moment, so are hanging about.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Having driven the 30kwh Leaf and a Soul EV I consider them about worth the same. So should be priced used at similar price. Just my thoughts. If this happens I will be in the market for an early one about October 2017 for around £12k. If not I will forget it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a test drive in one the other day and really liked it. Can you give me a realistic figure for the number of motorway miles I might get from a full charge?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's just badge snobbery then...
not seeing the fact the Kia has a better quality interior etc.. than the leaf, let alone being eco friendly interior too,
Kia's let down in my own personal opinion is not having 2 or 3 different spec levels / price ranges.

realistic figure on the motorway would depend on the driving style, and road/weather conditions still,
but realistically you could expect 110-> 130 mile range, driving at 70mph in Regen brake mode,

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
that's just badge snobbery then...
not seeing the fact the Kia has a better quality interior etc.. than the leaf, let alone being eco friendly interior too,
Kia's let down in my own personal opinion is not having 2 or 3 different spec levels / price ranges.

realistic figure on the motorway would depend on the driving style, and road/weather conditions still,
but realistically you could expect 110-> 130 mile range, driving at 70mph in Regen brake mode,
"Just badge snobbery" as you call it is why people pay more for many brands. That's brands that have built up an image over many years and I'm sorry but I've sat in a Soul and the interior is certainly nowhere near BMW/Mercedes levels. It's a far closer rival to a Leaf. Also please don't make half promises of ranges that are only realistic in decent weather without need for the heater or whatever. He asked for realistic which is more like 80-100 miles according to most owners.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Also please don't make half promises of ranges that are only realistic in decent weather without need for the heater or whatever. He asked for realistic which is more like 80-100 miles according to most owners."

Hi, i only post real world experience with regards to range.
Hence why i mentioned it depends on weather, driving conditions/ style etc...
AND i made clear what the figures i quoted were based on. ? so whats the problem ?

"He asked for realistic which is more like 80-100 miles according to most owners."

As mentioned, depends on driving style/conditions etc.. my quotes are from experience,
also real world figures on the Soul need to be recorded as you drive, as the vehicle under estimates
on the dash figures which is what people pay too much attention too.

""Just badge snobbery" as you call it is why people pay more for many brands. That's brands that have built up an image over many years and I'm sorry but I've sat in a Soul and the interior is certainly nowhere near BMW/Mercedes levels."

Really, YES badge snobbery! its a common thing, people over pay for the name, same with any item out there.
Im not saying much and your taking it way out of context! Yes, some makes do use better quality materials, and have been around longer and have a higher brand awareness, i wasnt saying otherwise.
I said in my own personal opinion, the soul interior is better quality than a leaf. ive been in several,
i feel the Leaf has a very plasticy cheap feeling dash etc...

I feel everyone is being a little harsh and way too opinionated on here.

Google JD POWER SURVEY 2016 ;) too see who won for quality and reliability.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Really, YES badge snobbery! its a common thing, people over pay for the name, same with any item out there.
Im not saying much and your taking it way out of context! Yes, some makes do use better quality materials, and have been around longer and have a higher brand awareness, i wasnt saying otherwise.
So it's badge snobbery but other brands (in your own words) "use better quality materials, have been around longer and have a higher brand awareness".
Do you not see the complete contradiction even just in that one sentence?
Oh and while we're at it you do know that that brand snobbery also makes people head toward brands who have dealers able to deal with them? For instance if I was to buy a soul (considered it a few times), it would mean having to charge it at least one way - probably both for peace of mind - to the dealers. My local Kia dealer is 2 miles from my house in a fairly large city. The Renault, Nissan Mercedes and BMW dealers in the same square mile have no issues fitting me in for a test drive and cover any warranty work/servicing. Why can't my local Kia dealer do the same?
Not having a go at Kia either - I quite like them and they seem reliable - but as far as support for the ev goes they are dismal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh stop it,
I said, "your taking it out of context", plainly you are,
I said "some makes"
Badge snobbery means people pay more for a name, similar to apple and their phones.
You get less features, but are paying more on some makes, just for the name. no value etc..
stop taking it personally or out of context, im not gonna reply again, and thanks for making me feel welcome.

Originally there was only 13 authorized Kia dealers for EV, that is now changing and are pushing it out more,
due to the fact there will be hybrids and PHEV's coming soon, they will all needs the tools and training to deal with the,.

They certainly dont push or advertise the EV enough, and some sales men might not push it either,
which is a shame, its a great car,

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sorry , to elaborate on my earlier comment - the Kia is probably the best ' car ' in this sector based on its range , size & spec , however you can get Nissan Leaf 30kWh Tekna 16 plate ex demo's for 16.5- 17.5k . The Soul EV is 2.5-3K over priced IMHO ,
They are asking nearly 19K for a 64 plate 14 model. they depreciate slower simply because there's only 7 used available & all are via dealer set screen prices .
they are simply not a viable used buy at that value , better of PCH lease a new model for two years and wait for the 200+ mile EV's to arrive .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts