Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Have you tried to place a deposit for the ID/Neo with a VW UK dealer?

• Yes, but they refused to take my cash and pointed me at the current range.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Deposit/Ordering

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JCEV 
#1 ·
It seems that things are now moving fast for the ID/Neo, with reports confirming that deposits are now being taken in Germany. Whether this will have much of a bearing on how soon UK deliveries will start or if this is just PR in a post Tesla Model 3 launch world is anybody’s guess. But I thought maybe it would be usefull to see if and when VW UK dealers start accepting our cash.

#2 ·
Gave my details over on online chat to be contacted when things start happening. I'm not holding my breath, but just thought I'd give it a go and see how things pan out.
Truth be told, I'd probably only be in the market for the long range pack and expect it will probably be out of my budget.

#4 ·
I did post a thread last week about the ID,that the car was due to be launched much sooner than we all anticipated. Much of the news so far has put the launch as 2020 but having now seen the prototypes on the road in South Africa and the news that in Germany orders might start as early as next month then my educated guess is the car could be officially launched at the Geneva Show with production starting not soon after. Must admit this is a car that I am very much interested in. There is a German website that claims VW have stated that orders will commence in January. Does anyone else have any news from Germany ?

#8 ·
Popped into Vindis Cambridge today to enquire about the ID and ask about eGolf production end date. Very polite and keen to help but didn't have any info above what us keen forum frequenters read. As yet they don't have a waiting list and haven't taken any cash off of anyone for the ID. eGolf wise, they have current availability and were happy to match a sub £27k price on a new order from CarWow. GFV is so low after 3 years, under £10k for 30,000 miles that the finance still seemed eye watering compared to my bargain 2017 Leaf deal and with all the new options coming along over the next 12-18 months I don't really want another multi year deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.