Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Best guide at the minute would be PCP residuals. It should hold its value well with the tech its amongst the first of the next gen of EV with 800V battery and the charging speeds.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Difficult to say, it's Kia most expensive EV and not as efficient as the e-niro (which always helps residuals eg M3, Ioniq (original)), but then has very quick charging so useful as a direct ICE replacement. Base assumptions off the PCP residuals and anything better (which I think it will be slightly) is a bonus.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,641 Posts
The issue is that as we go forward a ready supply of used fleet EVs are going to become available from next year. That means prices will come down as soon as the current rush of people converting from ICE starts to flatten. Personally I think the rush to EV will outpace EVs (new and used) for at least a couple of years more. The elephant in the room is when are the cheaper Chinese cars going to flood in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It does, and it should be pretty good...but the market is incredibly unpredictable at times. My Tesla is at the end of my finance term and the £33.5k GFV was looking pretty accurate until recently. Now even We Buy Any Car are offering £39k+ for my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a GRV figure of £24,813.24 for a GT Line S AWD with 21k miles after 36 months.
so it loses more than 1/2 it’s value in 3 years!
Wouldn’t be surprised to see that being a load of tosh.

PCP residuals don’t really tell the whole story. Kia Finance use Santander, they aren’t their own finance house. Brands that have their own finance houses can give residuals of whatever they want, but Santander will only be willing to open themselves up to ‘x’ risk.

Take the Kia Stinger for example, look at a PCP on that and the residual is currently just over 17k on 6k miles per year. I was looking to buy one for a while and the cheapest V6 I’ve ever seen was £20k and this was around 3 years old with 80k miles!! But Santander are clearly still unwilling to increase the residual as they probably have a set max residual and therefore ‘risk’ they want to expose themselves to.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq Sportline 80 (on order)
29 Posts
Isn't that partially of the point if pcp finance?
They set the gfv low to minimise their risk (also you pay more per month because of it), but the flip side is that there is a buffer of a few thousand pounds that you can use towards a deposit for a new car once the deal is up/pay less to buy the rest of the car.

Didn't Ford sting themselves at the start of their options pcp scheme by setting the gfv too high, so people just handed their cars back at the end as they were worth less than they owed?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Generally speaking, most finance houses are scared stiff of getting caught by over egging BEV RVs
The biggest enemy of a strong rv, is a front end discount

As a stark example
Search Autotrader for a 2020 Corsa e

Then look for an e208, which we know is the same car…….

1 - 15 of 15 Posts