Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
I think Bob is another bot for a short seller? Mod?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Even contributors on Piston Heads were commenting how common place the practice of retrospective discounting is. One mentioned B&Q where, knowing the practise, a supplier factored in being ‘asked’ down the line to adjust pricing.

·
Super Moderator
11,474 Posts
I think Bob is another bot for a short seller? Mod?
I looked over previous postings. If Bob is a bot, it is a good one.

Bob could be a Mechanical Turk.

I could lock the thread but then I'd be accused of over moderating. I'll be watching this thread.

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
Bob's posts have all been clickbate, mostly to negative Tesla stories. I guess just driving traffic to his sites $$$?

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Am I the only one tired of the constant onslaught of complete bullshit smearing of Tesla recently in the media for even the most trivial and normal company practices ? It really does seem like the shorts have got desperate in the last few months now that they know their days are numbered.

I mean come on, retrospective volume discounts are standard practice in many industries, including automotive! It's a way for a component supplier to limit their liability if the order volume doesn't end up matching the buyers claim but be competitive in pricing if the volume does live up to expectations. It's part of the contract with the supplier.

People accuse Elon of being paranoid and thinking everyone is out to get him and Tesla - but the old saying seems to be true here - "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you"... ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
As I work in purchasing for a global manufacturing company I saw this thread and thought "Woohoo! Something I can comment on with actual expertise!". Then I realised you had all beaten me to it....

Anyway, yes, it's common practise to ask for rebates, prebates and other means of gaining cost savings while improving the business's cash position.
Contrary to what the shorts would like to believe I view this as a good sign that Tesla are coming out of crisis mode and are putting resource back into more long term strategic activities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts