Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

We will be visiting Brighton in the near future. Visiting our son with on street parking and no chance of charging. Any suggestions as to best strategy? Are there any 7kw chargers around Brighton with the ability to charge for the full 6 hours? There appears to be few rapid chargers in Brighton.

Regards

Ian

·
Registered
494 Posts
Can you install zap map on your phone? I just had a look and there are a huge amount of on street lamp post chargers, CYC 7kW posts, a couple of Rapids within 2 miles (shell, Engie,) at Morrisons Worthing there's GeniePoint. Some of those might require setting up with RFID. You can get the Shell RFID for free, and I read on here that someone setup Engie with an Oyster card as the RFID. If you drive across to Eastbourne there's an Instavolt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I set up my Oyster Card on Engie. Only snag is that you have to go to an Engie charge point to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will investigate the on street chargers. One issue in Brighton is the public parking is quite limited with many spaces reserved for residents which is understandable. As it turns out my son has access to a workplace charger which we can use overnight.
As an aside due to parking difficulties in the town my son carries a folding bicycle in his van to use if he can't park within easy walking distance of his clients.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Nissan Worthing is free! I use that, but Brighton is appalling in terms of charging, considering it’s meant to be a green place.

To be fair just driving in Brighton is awful, I try and only go when I have too!

Some great busses so worth looking to see if you could park somewhere out and get the bus in. Certainly the number 25 to shoreham is the one I tend to use

·
Registered
494 Posts
I set up my Oyster Card on Engie. Only snag is that you have to go to an Engie charge point to do it.
Theres another thread on RFID access. Are you able answer the Engie, Geniepoint and Engenie RFID question on it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks. I will investigate the on street chargers. One issue in Brighton is the public parking is quite limited with many spaces reserved for residents which is understandable. As it turns out my son has access to a workplace charger which we can use overnight.
As an aside due to parking difficulties in the town my son carries a folding bicycle in his van to use if he can't park within easy walking distance of his clients.
Not sure if you've made your visit but you can use the filters on Electric Brighton to view paid or residents parking spaces. Residents parking spaces are only for residents during the day, so in-fact if you can get a space by a lamp post charger overnight, then you can get a full charge 9pm-8am and won't have to pay for the parking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts