Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it can go 155 mph rather than the 125 mph of the Tesla Roadster.

That'll be a big help on the commute. ;) :D
But you can't buy a new Roadster anymore ;) (Or more worryingly it seems spare parts for one :( )

Instead of CF on the Roadster/SP:01, just reuse the GRP parts of the current Elise thereby keeping development costs down, and therefore the purchase price, as well as having easy replacement of parts for years to come... Maybe a fair compromise against the relatively low weight savings gained by using CF in an Elise. (I've heard < 88lbs savings of completely CF clad Elise/Exiges!!!)

http://jalopnik.com/5131424/all-carbon-fiber-lotus-elise-poses-interesting-question

I suspect the use of CF has more marketing benefit, than technical merit, but I'm getting cynical in my old age.

·
Super Moderator
1,298 Posts
So many times I see super lightweight cars with carbon fibre everything and stripped down this and that... and the driver would be the cheapest (and healthiest) area to cut weight and improve balance. :eek: :D
@Paul such a truthful, yet painful statement in my case... Oh well, so my top speed is a little less than max... I can live with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts