Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New to this whole forum thing, apologies if I'm doing it wrong.

I recently bought a used Zoe from Charles Hurst in Belfast. The car was delivered to me, and looks and drives a treat.
When I purchased the car, it was advertised as a Zoe R110 ZE 40. However, when I tried to insure it, the insurer thought it was an R90. Some other websites claimed the same.

How can I tell which model it is?
I know there's some small difference in torque, which isn't the end of the world, but is there something else I might be missing?
Is there a significant price difference between the two models, and should I take it up with the dealer? I paid300Quid for the delivery, I'd rather not just send it back and lose the money.

Thanks all!

Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
Look at the driver door pillar, you should have a sticker telling you what it is. If it says 90 you most definitely should talk to whoever sold you the car.
R90 is with 92BHP and 110 is with 108BHP, so it is a different car.

Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
They drive differently as well. The R90 is more skippy over bumps. The R110 is more solid feeling somehow.

I'd contact your nearest Renault dealer with a VIN. That should show what it is. Dealers getting basic car information wrong is exasperating. Make sure it has the correct battery lease/battery owned status that you expect as well.

If it's not what you want then you have to decide whether to bin it back to the dealer or get a partial refund.

Registered
MY15 Q210 and an MY18 R110
https://www.mycarcheck.com/ just put in your reg and click on the free check. It will tell you the BHP under the specification or performance section, might even say directly that it is a R110.
The R90 shows up as 91bhp. The R110 shows up as 107bhp. Not sure where the extra BHP goes but good enough for a simple check.

Reactions: Peter CT

Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
They drive differently as well. The R90 is more skippy over bumps. The R110 is more solid feeling somehow.
That's really a thing? I have tried both and noticed this too. I was wondering if I just had a bad example of the 90 which maybe had its suspension punished thoughought its life, but since you are saying similar then maybe there is actually a design difference here.

To OP - If it's not a R110 I'd personally be returning it. If the dealer doesn't even know what they are selling then I would be concerned that they may have failed in other ways that would potentially cause problems for you in future. The sort of money they would potentially offer for the difference likely wouldn't be enough to tempt me to keep it as the R110 is just a better all-round experience in my opinion.

evezy referral code d6540
When I purchased the car, it was advertised as a Zoe R110 ZE 40.
Have you got any documentation to prove that? If so, I鈥檇 take it up with the dealer. If you decide to return it, they should reimburse the delivery charge as it was their mistake. Does this transaction come under the distance selling regulations? Was the purchase done online or over the phone?

Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
https://www.mycarcheck.com/ just put in your reg and click on the free check. It will tell you the BHP under the specification or performance section, might even say directly that it is a R110.
The R90 shows up as 91bhp. The R110 shows up as 107bhp. Not sure where the extra BHP goes but good enough for a simple check.
Renault always round to the nearest 5bhp, so the 100kW (134bhp) motor in my ZE50 is referred to as an R135.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unbelievable! 馃懣

Thanks for all the advice, you're all great. Indeed, there's a sticker on the driver column saying R90. How could they get this wrong?! The receipt says r110, the ad said r110, the agent sent me a video and specifically said r110.

Serves me right for buying a car at a distance over the phone. But with Covid it was the only option...

I really want to keep it. It was just 拢7k for a 2018 car, which felt like a steal even at 65k miles. I doubt I'll find another 41kwh car at this price before 2022.

What kind of discount do you think I should ask for? This is truly a farce, and it'll cost them a lot to ship it back so I assume they will be feeling generous.

Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you got any documentation to prove that? If so, I鈥檇 take it up with the dealer. If you decide to return it, they should reimburse the delivery charge as it was their mistake. Does this transaction come under the distance selling regulations? Was the purchase done online or over the phone?
It was over the phone, and I made sure to pay with a credit card for extra protection.
I'll see what they offer.

Registered
ZE40 R110
Sorry its not an R110, but if you ever need to check in the future you can press the function button on the stalk until you see the power meter, give it full beans up a big hill on a dual carriage way or motorway and you should see 80KW which is roughly 107 BHP or an R110.

Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
I really want to keep it. It was just 拢7k for a 2018 car, which felt like a steal even at 65k miles. I doubt I'll find another 41kwh car at this price before 2022.
I assume it is battery lease? I can't imagine a 2018 ZE40 going for 拢7k, even with that mileage and a battery lease!

Registered
It was over the phone, and I made sure to pay with a credit card for extra protection.
I'll see what they offer.
Personally..... I would call the bank and ask for reverse charge on my card and after that will call the dealer and tell them that they have 48 hours to uplift the car from your property or I will start charging them for storage.
As someone above mentioned already, don't settle for a refund unless they offer you a grand plus refund on your transport fees. If all of your paperwork says R110 go hard on them.
You got your CC protection, your distance selling protection, they don't have a chance in a court case. What is most important is that THEY KNOW this but will try real hard to sweet talk you down.
Don't get emotional over a car, regardless how much you like it right now. The car is a tool that moves you from A to B, Right now the car depreciate every minute. You are already upside down on the value because the car is not what you paid for, so go hard on them or go home 馃憤

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
Sorry, but the cheapest Zoe R90 on Autotrader today is 拢7,995, and that has more miles and is a 17 plate.

I'm sure the dealer will give him a refund, but he'll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

That car was a good deal.

Registered
Sorry, but the cheapest Zoe R90 on Autotrader today is 拢7,995, and that has more miles and is a 17 plate.

I'm sure the dealer will give him a refund, but he'll be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

That car was a good deal.
Well if we are going down this road the cheapest R110 with 20K miles less than his R90 is only a grand more.... so how we are going to balance that?
I rather get that car, than let the dealer have me for a ride. Money is not everything you know. Integrity has much more value...in my eyes anyway. If you are happy to accept to be lied to repeatedly and to accept a product that is nothing like the one you were sold...that's your choice. Dealers will never change if everyone thinks like you.

His personal regret for knowing that they lied to him is what he need to live with. Every time he looks at the car, this will be on his mind.

Registered
Renault Zoe 50
Well if we are going down this road the cheapest R110 with 20K miles less than his R90 is only a grand more.... so how we are going to balance that?
I rather get that car, than let the dealer have me for a ride. Money is not everything you know. Integrity has much more value...in my eyes anyway. If you are happy to accept to be lied to repeatedly and to accept a product that is nothing like the one you were sold...that's your choice. Dealers will never change if everyone thinks like you.

His personal regret for knowing that they lied to him is what he need to live with. Every time he looks at the car, this will be on his mind.
Like I said. He鈥檚 entitled for his money back, but that doesn鈥檛 mean this car isn鈥檛 a good deal.

Cheapest R110 is over 拢9k, so not exactly sure what your point is.

If the OP does as you advise he鈥檒l end up paying more money.

Registered
Like I said. He鈥檚 entitled for his money back, but that doesn鈥檛 mean this car isn鈥檛 a good deal.

Cheapest R110 is over 拢9k, so not exactly sure what your point is.

If the OP does as you advise he鈥檒l end up paying more money.
You are always "seeing" only your point anyway, this is why I am staying away from you. You are here for an argument or some "funny/smart' comment about 99% of the time and not for a discussion. Life in Spain must be really boring if you spend 8 to 10 hours a day here trying to be present in every post in the forum.

My point is simple for a 拢1000 quid more he will get a car that is with 20000 miles less and with REAL R110 motor and he will NOT BE LIED to his face. However, you don't seem to understand the simple concept of integrity and what regret means, because you can be sure that every time he look at the car he will be thinking about this knowing that he did not get what he paid for and he was swindle by the dealer.... it is human nature.
Here you have it. Now you can hurry up to answer again so you can have the "last word" as usual...馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
MY15 Q210 and an MY18 R110
So, to just break in to this Padrino/Cah197 show for a sec.
The OP was sold an item that was not as described. That is pretty clear cut, as mentioned on the receipt. Customer rights cover all of that sort of stuff so, yes he can get his money back almost without question.
Now comes down to what the dealer is prepared to offer for a way of compensation. They have to now accept the cost of sending out in the first place and getting it back as well then all the hassle of admin and prepping it again then the extra work spent reselling it with another owner on the V5, the OP might just be offered a good enough deal to make it worth while.
That is a personal decision so we can only advise. If the OP specifically wanted the extra power then just give the car back and look elsewhere. If they wanted a good deal then that is still to be had.

I know there is a hurdle to get over the lies that some idiot sales droid sold you the wrong thing but it would feel even better if you managed to get your own back and get a very good deal after the fact.

Find out the rough trade in value for the car, as that is probably around the number the dealership paid for it anyway and say you want to pay that much, or a little more. From their point of view it wouldn't be a loss which could be all they want out if it now. Time for some hard ball.

Power is firmly in the OPs hands. Personally I hope they keep the car but screw over the dealerships and get a absolutely cracking deal, but if they want to just walk away for the idiots and get a real R110 then that is the OP's call and I can respect that.

Last word from me is in the saying "Never give a sucker an even break!" Which is a harsher version of buyer beware. You just need to know which side of that you are on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all.

Though it has quite a few miles on it, I still think 拢7k was a great deal, even for an R90. Not so worried that they made a mistake (and I very much doubt it was intentional).

I sent the trader photos of the sticker and I'm waiting to hear what he offers. I'll keep y'all posted!

evezy referral code d6540
Thanks all.

Though it has quite a few miles on it, I still think 拢7k was a great deal, even for an R90. Not so worried that they made a mistake (and I very much doubt it was intentional).

I sent the trader photos of the sticker and I'm waiting to hear what he offers. I'll keep y'all posted!
I think on principle they should offer you something, even if it鈥檚 just to reimburse the delivery charge as a gesture of goodwill. This is the only way dealerships will realise the importance of accurately describing vehicles they are selling, especially when it鈥檚 at a distance. How difficult can it be to find out what the vehicle actually is? That鈥檚 supposed to be their business. How is it that 鈥渁mateurs鈥 on forums such as this can quickly and easily identify the exact model from a simple registration search?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts