Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference between the 2020 and 2021.5 Zoe models? Specifically GT Line if the spec matters.

I found a single article on Google suggesting potentially emergency braking but it seems to be talking about a new spec level rather than 2020 vs 2021.5, doesn't show on Renault's website though.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Removed auto park option, AEB as standard AFAIK, removed heated mirrors(?)

Basically a load of cost cutting

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Removed auto park option, AEB as standard AFAIK, removed heated mirrors(?)

Basically a load of cost cutting
I have the option of getting a new 2020 model for less than a 2021.5 so that sounds interesting if that's the case. I wonder if there's a 2020 spec sheet floating around somewhere in that case to find out the exact differences.

Edit: Turns out the car I was looking at is infact 2021.5 so seems like I've no choice anyway.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
51 Posts
Please post here if you ever find such a spec sheet!
I might be "upgrading" from a 2020 Iconic to a new GT Line at some point, so I would like to know what I'll miss...

There was another thread where someone mentioned the wireless phone charging and roadsign recognition also being removed, and in fact there's no mention of them on the current brochures.

Reactions: TJEV

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
501 Posts
Please post here if you ever find such a spec sheet!
I might be "upgrading" from a 2020 Iconic to a new GT Line at some point, so I would like to know what I'll miss...

There was another thread where someone mentioned the wireless phone charging and roadsign recognition also being removed, and in fact there's no mention of them on the current brochures.
yep - I hear wireless phone charging removed because of a world-wide shortage of the microchip needed for wireless chargers

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 (on order)
55 Posts
I believe that tweet is out of date. I still had to select CCS on the Swiss website a short time ago.

Its complicated but I'll be receiving a 2020 or 2021.5 in the next two weeks - I won't know until it gets here. I don't trust the people I'm dealing with any further than I could throw them so I won't be sure until it arrives.

In short they gutted the Intens (Continent) / Iconic (UK) model which was almost fully loaded. Now I think even the back-up camera is optional - heated seats + steering wheel are for sure. There were only 3 options on the Intens for 2020 - Emergency Braking, CCS, and Auto-Parking. Now there are a dozen things that were previously included that are options in various packages.

I've no idea what's going to show up and while I'm waiting I'm preparing for war. The "order" (with those that offered it, NOT Renault) was placed in early December. Lately they're trying to gaslight us with "CCS and heated steering included for no extra cost!" when I have a document stating clearly it was in the original offer. It was/is a group-buy sort of situation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I found what appears to be the 2020 brochure however it is the Irish version, this may or may not make it incomparable with the UK brochure: https://cdn.group.renault.com/ren/i...zoe-brochure-may.pdf.asset.pdf/43e5e9dc28.pdf
2021 UK brochure: https://cdn.group.renault.com/ren/g...es/ZOE-eBrochure.pdf.asset.pdf/c9b6018234.pdf

Following are in deed mentioned in the 2020 brochure but not in 2021 when primarily comparing the GT Line model:

• Traffic Sign Recognition (Iconic+)
• Wireless smart phone charger (Iconic+)

"Efficient heat pump air conditioning" was mentioned for the Play model in the 2020 but not in the 2021 (or for any other spec), it is however still mentioned in the 2021 on page 17, Traffic Sign Recognition is mentioned on page 30 so unless the heat pump has really been removed, it's possible Traffic Sign Recognition is still there in 2021, although it was listed in "Equipment and options" in 2020 but isn't in 2021.

I assume there isn't many 2021.5 models out there yet so hopefully this can be clarified soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do we know if a 2020 is new or old??
I have seen 2020 iconic and gt lines, both 70 plates, in 2 different shades of blue, yet there is only 1 on the configurator.
Hard to tell which is which and would want the older (better spec) iconic if I had a choice.
Snoozed on a cheap play but that got snapped up, iconics vary in price from a tad over 20k right up to 23k or more for 20/70 reg.
I wonder is it best to get a 20 plate which is more likely to have the older spec?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,798 Posts
would want the older
You don't want a 20 Plate. You're going to get one that potentially has loads of the early teething problems. Creaky boot hinges when driving, leaky door seals, no remote app control without replacing parts, worse rapid charge curve and more pickiness over where it will charge.

Sure all these things can be fixed under warranty but it's just unnecessary hassle. If you get a 70 Plate it should have these things fixed but still be to original spec... Even a 21 Plate that I had from ONTO Recently was built to original spec (Registered late April 21)

As for the 2 different blue colors I believe Zircon Blue was discontinued and Celadon Blue is the only option at present? But as I said that doesn't mean the car is built to old or new spec. These changes were made at different times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suppose how would you know even a 70 plate, say registered in September, wasn't one of older ones which was either sat in a field for ages or unregistered for a while in group stock with the problems you describe?
That being the case would a 2021 70 plate celadon (lighter) blue be the safest bet and best of all worlds? ie better built and without the very newest missing features?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,353 Posts
Biggest tell is whether the car has AEB. This was added late 2020. I think mine left the factory in July, registered in October. It does. It have AEB. You can tell by looking at the front grill. If the shiny blocks continue over the centre the car doesn’t have the radar sensor.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
383 Posts

So this is a 2021 70 plate, (celadon blue??) doesn't look to have AEB (no sensor?).
If so I'm at a loss to know how to buy an early one without problems, and a late one without the missing features

.https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202107215288087?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=RENAULT&model=ZOE&sort=year-desc&postcode=ls154jt&radius=1500&price-to=22500&include-delivery-option=on&price-from=20000&page=1

There's a new as can be zircon blue, no AEB sensor???!- so is this old stock??

I assume there is the sensor for the AEB, but a gt line missing some features of older ones?
It's all very confusing.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I don't think the Iconic was supposed to have AEB anyways, just the GT Line? I've tried 20, 70 and 21 plate Iconics and none had the sensor. All but the 20 plate GT Line had the sensor however.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
383 Posts
Biggest tell is whether the car has AEB. This was added late 2020. I think mine left the factory in July, registered in October. It does. It have AEB. You can tell by looking at the front grill. If the shiny blocks continue over the centre the car doesn’t have the radar sensor.
So yours is a gt line??

·
2quidforhalfanhour
383 Posts
All this being the case, how do I get an Iconic without it missing the features of the newest 2021.5, but without the crappy early build quality?
How do I know what I'm buying- I've rung Renault dealers and quite frankly none of them have the slightest clue what they're selling.
This sort of thing makes me me think just get an MG ZS and just make sure it has the latest updates- much simpler no?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
All this being the case, how do I get an Iconic without it missing the features of the newest 2021.5, but without the crappy early build quality?
How do I know what I'm buying- I've rung Renault dealers and quite frankly none of them have the slightest clue what they're selling.
This sort of thing makes me me think just get an MG ZS and just make sure it has the latest updates- much simpler no?
The Zoe is the better car than the ZS in my opinion.

I'd say go for a 70 or 21 plate. Look for the blue accents on the car to verify that it's built to the original specification. There will be blue in the middle of the alloy wheels, steering wheel, and blue text saying ZOE on the silver trim that runs below the charging flap. If you view it in person then you could also confirm by ensuring you have the QI phone charging pad in the centre of the car too.

Even if you get a brand new 2021.5 though, you aren't missing out on a great deal of tech, especially with the Iconic. Unless you already had an earlier model I don't think many people would even notice the relatively minor tweaks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts