Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After test driving the Leaf I'll definitely be going EV, trouble is the choice available:confused:

Never thought about PCP before but, looking at some of the offers I'm now considering it. Presently there are two deals that look good £187 for two year PCP on a Tekna, or £169 (includes £70 battery) for four years on a Zoe Inten. Curve ball is an outright purchase of a C Zero but not to sure, there seems like a few problems with heating and de misting windows (will be mainly driven by the Wife).

Big question is the diffrence between the Leaf and the Zoe (I've yet to see one, never mind drive it). Battery hire seems to bug me but, when it's included in the monthly charges above and still works out cheaper than the Leaf it hardly seems worth worrying about. Unless the Zoe is an inferior car to the Leaf. Think it's time I try and organise a test drive of a Zoe:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, I've test driven a few EV's and it is just a case of deciding on the one I like the best, and the one I can realistically afford!

I'm interested to hear more about the Leaf PCP deal though, as the Leaf is on the shortlist at the moment. The best quote I have had so far has either a much larger deposit, or larger monthly payments....

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Should add that Leaf Acenta and Tekna have much more efficient heat pump heaters than the Zoe so heating them have much less impact on range in the winter than the Zoe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Differences? The Zoe's interior has a couple of advantages. The steering wheel is not cluttered with switches and gizmo's like that of the Leaf... .
Translation, The Leaf has the advantage of ergonomic and easily to hand controls for radio adjustments, cruise control, hands free telephone calls, etc.
Aparently the Zoe does not.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
We drove the ZOE, then the LEAF when we were shopping for the family EV. The ZOE we wanted, but the LEAF we felt was the better car with a far better dealer locally. The LEAF felt more "grown up" and complete than the ZOE, but it is uglier.

Really I'd drive both and see what you think, of the car and of the local dealer(s) you may have to deal with.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I tried both and found
  • The Zoe is a car that happens to be electric.
  • The leaf is an electric car.

By that I mean, the Zoe had the controls etc as you would find them on a normal car and very little information about the state of battery, regen etc. Whereas the Leaf seemed more futuristic, more gadgets, unique controls and lots of readouts about the power etc.

The more important thing for me was the Nissan really wanted to sell me the Leaf. Renault really couldn't be bothered.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
£9200 wow ! That's a blinding deal and way better than 10,500 price previously offered. It seems like the PCP is not mileage restricted either but depends on what battery lease option you choose so I am tempted to give one to each of the kids for xmas at that sort of dosh........;)

According to this deal: http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/...low-payment/?gclid=CKjsnJu1gsICFSLHtAodHiUA7Q on the road cash price is under £9,200, unless I'm reading it wrong.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
It's a PCP deal, and the total cost is £13,280 if you work through it.

What it doesn't make clear is that you are limited to 3,000 miles per annum.

No. The deal includes £45 battery lease costs, as plainly listed, and included in the £13,280 above.
The cash price is stated as £9,183.78. This does not include battery rental which is quoted at £45 per month on top.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I tried both and found
  • The Zoe is a car that happens to be electric.
  • The leaf is an electric car.

By that I mean, the Zoe had the controls etc as you would find them on a normal car and very little information about the state of battery, regen etc. Whereas the Leaf seemed more futuristic, more gadgets, unique controls and lots of readouts about the power etc.

The more important thing for me was the Nissan really wanted to sell me the Leaf. Renault really couldn't be bothered.
It's a shame as the zoe has more info on all of the things you wanted to no about, like the Direct consumptionand the rev counter Instant power curve graphs, the big thing is Renalut could not be asked to sell it to you.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So "The steering wheel is not cluttered with switches and gizmo's like that of the Leaf."

Should read "The steering wheel is cluttered with switches and gizmo's like that of the Leaf."

?
It's has all them but some are at the side or the steering wheel no big difference

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's a shame as the zoe has more info on all of the things you wanted to no about, like the Direct consumptionand the rev counter Instant power curve graphs, the big thing is Renalut could not be asked to sell it to you.
That's about it. I did really want the Zoe and even gave Renault a second chance by going to a second dealer. As it happens, I think I made the right choice for me in the end.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
The Zoe's wheel isn't cluttered with anything, but the horn.

There's a stalk control for everything else, including the stereo, same as many ICE vehicles.
it has all of the Cruise control settings plus the voice control settings so most things can be done by voice

1 - 20 of 93 Posts