Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding it almost impossible from the BMW website to get an understanding of the different interior worlds and what they offer apart from different seat and steering wheel and dashboard finishes. There is some implication of differences in the buttons on the steering wheel, but no details.

Also at least Lodge World, which I think was in the show vehicle at local dealer, semed to have a rough cloth between the leather segments which appears to have thread loops in it.

Could anyone enlighten me as to equipment differences other than seat and dashboard material, and perhaps comment on the longevity of the seat coverings. My current two cars ( Celica with leather and Polo with cloth) still both look good after 10 years. Will the i3?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Fabric,dash material, and steering wheel are the only changes.

No steering wheel buttons on base world but present on all the others, resin dash and blue steering wheel inlay on Base/Loft, wood dash and Chromed steering wheel inlay on Lodge/Suite

That's it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fabric,dash material, and steering wheel are the only changes.

No steering wheel buttons on base world but present on all the others, resin dash and blue steering wheel inlay on Base/Loft, wood dash and Chromed steering wheel inlay on Lodge/Suite

That's it.
So what buttons are missing from base world?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
All of them - the wheel is blank unless you choose an option that adds them: Enhanced BT/Voice e.g. It's why you have to specify Loft or above if you want the real buttontastic Drivers Assistant.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
This is what the blank wheel looks like
Vehicle Car Steering wheel Car seat Bmw

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered the standard interior, as I like dark interiors and in some photo the suite was a bit too brown.
But in my spec it talks about basic Bluetooth telephone, and brake assisted cruise control. How will this function without steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I ordered the standard interior, as I like dark interiors and in some photo the suite was a bit too brown.
But in my spec it talks about basic Bluetooth telephone, and brake assisted cruise control. How will this function without steering wheel controls?
I've never figured it out TBH. It is always possible that the blank wheel is only in those territories where those bits aren't standard. I've just peeked at my brochures and other bits to try and figure out why I have a strong sense that the base trim is buttonless. None the wiser. Perhaps I'm way off :confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have any i3 owners had difficulty with the flat front floor? Do your passengers handbags or shopping bags or anything you put on the floor not slide across to the drivers side when driving? Is this not dangerous?

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I was looking at all the trim levels at first I did not want the standard as it looked to come with less tech. But the BMW i-genius said the worlds are solely to do with trim level.

Looks like buttons with the professional media pack. The one below does not have buttons and has the small I-drive screen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts